April 27, 2024, 10:52:33 AM

News:

Exhaust question

Started by 08flstf, July 20, 2018, 06:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

08flstf

After struggling with the decision of whether to jump ship to the new Goldwing or stay with Harley one more time I finally pulled the trigger and got a new 18 FLTRU yesterday. I've read of some of the issues some of the M8's have and if I have them I'll just deal with fixing them myself. On to the exhaust question. I've always run 2 into 1 exhausts in the past but I'm considering getting a good 2-1-2 exhaust this time around. Will the head pipe from twin cams bolt up to the M8? Reason for asking is it looks like all the head pipes made for the M8's all have the smaller diameter pipe on one side. In my head it just seems two equal size pipes would be better. I'm not worried about epa compliance or warranty. I will run the stock exhaust for a good while just to make sure everything is ok before I change things up, but once I change I want it the way I want it.

rigidthumper

M8 pipes will not interchange with TC pipes.
Durwood has had some real good results with DeCatted stock M8 head pipes and Fullsac Recore kits. Look in the dyno section.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Piper

I really like the FulSac 2:1:2 MX head pipe and the "2.0 recore kit for your stock slipons....Works great and has a very nice mellow sound.....makes good power also....just my .02 cents.

Rusty Steel

I'm happy with my purchase, a DandD Billet Cat, but, if I would of really thought about it I would of got Fuel Moto's pipe and a set of mufflers of my choice. Why? because of the dual 02 bungs on each pipe for tuning... Hindsight is 20/20..
If it ain't broke... Fix it until it is.

08flstf

Do the aftermarket 2-1-2 head pipes have the smaller pipe on one side like stock or are they equal diameter?

richbiker

Most do have the different size pipes at the rear.  S&S I believe has a M8 head pipe that uses pre'17 mufflers
Spence
If you are the smartest person in the room, you are in the wrong room!!

08flstf

Quote from: richbiker on July 20, 2018, 03:11:49 PM
Most do have the different size pipes at the rear.  S&S I believe has a M8 head pipe that uses pre'17 mufflers

Thanks