May 08, 2024, 02:17:55 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

What's this gasket for ?

Started by motorhogman, July 24, 2018, 09:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motorhogman

Sorting through some misc stuff and I came across this gasket.. I have no idea what it's for. 

There is a name printed on one side which I can't figure out what it says other than "solutions inc"

I believe it's a motorcycle gasket..

Thought maybe a carb gasket at first but not for my TC88 anyway.  holes don't line up.

where's the points and condenser ?<br />Tom / aka motor

tmwmoose

Late carb to air filter box. They had a couple goofy shaped ones used on the last few years of the carb models

motorhogman

Quote from: tmwmoose on July 24, 2018, 09:24:58 AM
Late carb to air filter box. They had a couple goofy shaped ones used on the last few years of the carb models

Must have come in a "multi fit"  gasket set I picked up some where along the line.. That was my first thought but when I checked it against my 01 it wouldn't work..

TY 

tmwmoose

Well then I'm probably wrong in that it maybe for a throttle body judging from the piece sign hole pattern, the large hole fit on a locating boss

Frédéric CM

looks like the one that go right behind the stock paper air cleaner, between it and the plastic backplate.

Flhfxd

.....or the multi piece carb to manifold from an EVO....
"And the road goes on forever...... But I got one more silver dollar.....'

tmwmoose

Quote from: Frédéric CM on July 24, 2018, 11:41:49 AM
looks like the one that go right behind the stock paper air cleaner, between it and the plastic backplate.

:up:

Panzer

:agree: looks like my sporty air cleaner gskt as said above.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

motorhogman

Thanx  to all.
You Nailed it.. I have been under the weather the past day or so but just went out to the garage and looked some more..

That is exactly what it's for.  I didn't think to look there before. I was just looking at the plate to carb gasket..

Never gave a second thought to the af to backing plate..  :banghead:

88b

I agree

motorhogman

Quote from: 88b on July 29, 2018, 12:39:07 PM

I agree

It is..