April 27, 2024, 11:52:00 AM

News:

2 into 1

Started by 08flstf, August 05, 2018, 03:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

08flstf

I've seen that the D&D billet cat seems to work well with the m8's. Has anyone tried the Freedom Performance Union 2 into 1 or the S&S Sidewinder 2 into 1? Was wondering how they might compare and haven't seen any dyno sheets of them.

HD/Wrench

I have tuned the freedom union .  It is pretty much like the rest of their products dip in the low end humps up in middle and then falls like a stone in the upper rpm range ,

Would have to look for the sheet , had a issue with my new computer , then a issue with a DB that reformatted my clone drive by mistake  :banghead: :banghead:

Not tested the 2-1 S&S pipe sorry

happyman

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on August 07, 2018, 06:40:33 AM
I have tuned the freedom union .  It is pretty much like the rest of their products dip in the low end humps up in middle and then falls like a stone in the upper rpm range ,

Would have to look for the sheet , had a issue with my new computer , then a issue with a DB that reformatted my clone drive by mistake  :banghead: :banghead:

Not tested the 2-1 S&S pipe sorry

have witnessed one dyno and know the person who installed,   the union  pipe and the owner of the bike.   bout five years ago . was absolutely one of the best  performers ever.  instant jump in hp and tq, and held it to the red line, was amazing . this of course was the twin cam.  a 107", it was a hard runner and had hp and tq in the 120 area, or above.  nothing to laff at there.what was so amazing is how it was a pretty much flat lineor still a good build
from 2200 to about 6300 rpm.     

HD/Wrench

you know he is talking about the M8 and not a TC right , hard to compare the two ,

happyman

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on August 07, 2018, 07:45:21 AM
you know he is talking about the M8 and not a TC right , hard to compare the two ,                                                        lik
I though I made it clear  it was a twin cam. would think the pipe would still work on the  M8. seen people say the same thing who ran the union pipe on the twin cam who  could not get it to work  either.  must be differant builds  are better suited for the pipe. all were good bulds that are known performers  too.

HD/Wrench

I feel that the M8 is more sensitive to ex than the tc ever was , and I agree the right " parts make all the difference "   Overall I was not overly impressed wth the curve on the union pipe in TC that being said i tuned maybe a handful of of them .. Now the freedom shorty pipe way to many , never been impressed there at all no matter what you build

Here is the overlay DD vs Freedom .  same set up I had to swap the pipe ,  . That curve is UGLY for sure . but these short pipes on T?C are never great

D&D snubby vs Freedom turn out by GMR Performance, on Flickr

08flstf

Thanks for the replies. I guess the S&S is still an unknown. I'll probably go to the D&D, just wanted to see if anyone had info on these other two first.

joe_lyons

Thunderheader x series is a good performing setup for the m8.  I wish I could see it on some big builds.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

yobtaf103

Also be interested if anyone gets M8 Supertrapp fatshot 2-1 tested

matt kirker

Curious on any feedback on the D&D in a stage 1 scenario. Does it lose torque early on?

HD/Wrench

billet cat is a great pipe with a killer tq curve . my choice over the fat cat for most builds

BVHOG

I have a sidewinder in the shop now, will be doing the bike very soon 120 inch
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

HD/Wrench

Quote from: BVHOG on August 16, 2018, 12:22:38 PM
I have a sidewinder in the shop now, will be doing the bike very soon 120 inch

in for final thoughts , power fitment ease of tuning . etc

tommy g

I have s Fat Cat and love it.
Curious as to the diff in loudness to the Billet Cat?
09 FLSTC
85 FXEF