April 28, 2024, 01:39:23 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

suburban harley

Started by 08flstf, September 04, 2018, 04:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

08flstf

How many people running the 120 piston and cylinder kit from Suburban Harley? Thinking of doing a big bore but want a kit that comes with cylinders instead of having to send mine in to be bored. Any good or bad about these? I just want a piston and cylinder kit only as I have all the other pieces I'll use. Any other similar kits to consider?

Prostock

Hard to beat a Mahle piston.  Rick's a good guy.  I buy twin cam pistons from them with great success.  No experience with there M-8 pistons and cylinders yet, but I would not hesitate. 

08flstf

BVHOG

Rick is one of the most knowledgeable guys you will ever find at a dealership. He is no BS and if he tells you something you can take it to the bank as good info. Mahle Pistons, while not cheap are great pistons, if any flaw at all I would like to see a slightly thicker oil ring pack but have not seen issues with what they have.  I have a couple sets of the 120 pistons here just waiting for the S&S camplate/pumps to do the builds.
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

crewchief25H

Quote from: 08flstf on September 04, 2018, 04:07:28 PM
How many people running the 120 piston and cylinder kit from Suburban Harley? Thinking of doing a big bore but want a kit that comes with cylinders instead of having to send mine in to be bored. Any good or bad about these? I just want a piston and cylinder kit only as I have all the other pieces I'll use. Any other similar kits to consider?

Look at Jims V-twin Performance, Call him!  you can find him on facebook also

VDeuce

I am running them in my M8 120.