May 04, 2024, 04:28:29 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

What's the latest on transmission oil migration?

Started by Bigs, September 14, 2018, 08:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigs

Has anybody come up with a positive repair for the transmission to primary oil transfer. Stonecold seems to have the best solution. I'm not impressed with Harley's plastic diverter, it seems like a band aid and not a fix.
   Bigs

pappashelby

Tried Harley's 30 cent plastic diverter made it worse. Have little over 1k miles on Stonecold fix and the trans is still full

Stonecold seems to have a lock on the only proven fix for transmission migration. The MOCO is still forkin around with all their band-aid, so called remedies, none of which have proven to be long term fixes. They are going to screw us on this, just hide and watch. When they come up with a true fix they will make a running change on bikes on the assembly line and never tell us what they did.

HarleyFranco

HarleyFranco

lonegoosehonking

Well , what do you think about this?

Harley Clutch push rod to stop fluid transfer.

$50

Macomb, MI

Your transmission fluid to primary transfer worries are over! I have push rods available for the clutch to take care of the problem. After extensive testing , research and development this is the cure for the problem. This replaces the Harley clutch push rod part number 37000218 . This is the part that changed to allow the fluid to transfer. This push rod will install in 5 minutes. A total of 15 with correcting the fluids. You can order them now. I do accept PayPal. My PayPal is..
macombcountychoppers@gmail.com
They are $49.99 and $17.50 shipping to the lower 48.

All of the bikes are affected from 2014 and up with hydraulic clutch . This includes twin cams and Milwaukee 8s

Testing revealed that more City ridden motorcycles are susceptible to extensive transfer due to more turning involved.

Harley Davidson has no clue how to fix the problem. they pulled the TSB that was out. Most dealers are told to say they don't know anything about this issue. We all know it exists.