May 04, 2024, 01:24:40 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

4.375 stroke 4.125 pistons?

Started by BVHOG, September 16, 2018, 08:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BVHOG

September 16, 2018, 08:51:54 AM Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 12:45:39 PM by BVHOG
So who has pistons available for this application and how have the 107 cylinders been holding up?  Would prefer something with line to line coating but will get that done if need be.  I see T-man has something like this but I have never been a fan of Wiseco pistons.
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

rigidthumper

4 1/8" bore X 3.875" stroke is a 103.6" engine. Diamond can custom make them for you, John @ JWperf is a dealer.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

DTTJGlide

I'm thinking you're talking about 4.375 x 4.125 pistons since you're in the M8 section, the pistons that T-man is using are Wiseco Black Edition, I'm pretty sure they are using a different ring pack than the ones that were problematic previously. They are what I'm thinking of going with this winter, most likely just going 114 as I'm looking more for longevity & not having to spend the extra dollars upgrading TB, clutch,etc. I think they have a better ring pack & are coated vs the HD mahle pistons, I also trust T-man to pick a high quality piston.

BVHOG

Quote from: rigidthumper on September 16, 2018, 09:56:12 AM
4 1/8" bore X 3.875" stroke is a 103.6" engine. Diamond can custom make them for you, John @ JWperf is a dealer.
[/quot

My bad. Corrected the numbers. 117

Don D

BVHOG

Quote from: HD Street Performance on September 16, 2018, 02:14:50 PM
Why not KBs? Forged.

Haven't seen or heard of anything readily available at this time. They would be my first choice

Don D

CP has a shelf piston, I just bored a set of them. How about Mahle?

Ohio HD

Best as I can tell the OEM compression height is 1.143". Here's a CP number for 4.125" bore.

BHM8117-FT
2017 Harley Milwaukee Eight 117 cu in, 4.125 bore, 4.375 stroke, 10.75:1 C/R, 1.143 C/H, -1.3 dome cc's

jbroski

I run axtell/JE pistons with great results.

Durwood

Quote from: HD Street Performance on September 16, 2018, 04:04:53 PM
CP has a shelf piston, I just bored a set of them. How about Mahle?
The cylinders look great too Don. :up: Thanks

joe_lyons

KB is going to be making some Pistons soon.  when I talked to them last they're going to have a couple of bore size options with Builders Pistons with high compression domes that can be milled down to suit your compression needs.    they also said that they will be providing a sheet showing what the cc's of the Piston will be in different increments of Milling.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

Don D