May 04, 2024, 01:35:53 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

S&S 124" cylinders

Started by Hillside Motorcycle, November 06, 2018, 05:56:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hillside Motorcycle

For general info, those pistons are .023" below deck, with the supplied gasket.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

BigT

Are the cylinders available for purchase without having to buy a "kit" with their oil pump and lifters?

Hillside Motorcycle

Yes, but not from S&S at this time.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

joe_lyons

Quote from: BigT on November 06, 2018, 09:09:46 AM
Are the cylinders available for purchase without having to buy a "kit" with their oil pump and lifters?

Yes pn 910-0683 for non highlighted and 910-0682 for highlighted.  They are on back order right now.  The Piston and cyl kits are in stock though.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

Thinkpainting

Getting ready to install a 124 SS on my 2018 Softail Low Rider starting Monday maybe tomorrow tear down.  But now i'm being told i should change the injectors.  Lock up clutch was a given waiting hear back from SS on injectors.

Durwood

Quote from: Thinkpainting on November 09, 2018, 07:08:44 AM
Getting ready to install a 124 SS on my 2018 Softail Low Rider starting Monday maybe tomorrow tear down.  But now i'm being told i should change the injectors.  Lock up clutch was a given waiting hear back from SS on injectors.
Injectors are needed. Even a 114 CVO I did a stage 2 on, (cam, exhaust, A/C and tune) required the upgrade.

Thinkpainting

5.5 screaming eagle i believe ...  What i've been told unless i misunderstood.

Durwood

Quote from: Thinkpainting on November 09, 2018, 01:12:20 PM
5.5 screaming eagle i believe ...  What i've been told unless i misunderstood.
The SE injectors work. The last 124 M8 we did had them.

BVHOG

Got a set of these cylinders here now from Drag, super heavy. The finish in the bore as supplied is unhoned on the set I have, need to find out if this is the way they were intended or I got an unfinished set.
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

BigT

Are the liners in these cylinders thin Ductile Iron liners or steel like the HD 110" bolt cylinders?

Hillside Motorcycle

S&S is in fact, currently out of stock/unavailable, but Drag had 7 sets last we knew.
Injectors are without a doubt needed, for a 124".