May 03, 2024, 07:02:50 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Zippers ECM Question

Started by Paniolo, May 12, 2009, 09:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paniolo

I think I figured out why the Ultra bucks, stalls out and runs rough when I key the CB mic.

I am one of those folks who leaves the ECM extension cord attached and run up to the tourpack for quick and easy access. This is so I don't have to pull the right saddlebag and sidecover all the time. Last night I was out for a ride and used the CB. When I keyed the mic the bike stalled and I limped it home. I'm guessing that the ECM extension cord was touching the CB antenna base and RF got sent down the cord to the ECM when I keyed the mic. I'm hoping this just scrambled the map and caused it to run rough. I don't think I fried the ECM.

Do I need to pull the ECM relay for 30 secs, clear ALL the offsets, reload the map, reintialize, and then run the Auto IAC?

Thanks
Life can only be lived in the present moment.

Eleft36

Do I need to pull the ECM relay for 30 secs, clear ALL the offsets, reload the map, reintialize, and then run the Auto IAC?

That would be a good start without screwing up anything else.

Al
103" SE BB Andrews 26H's 2010 110" mufflers
Ride every chance I get, above 36*f

Paniolo

Quote from: Eleft36 on May 13, 2009, 04:46:38 AM

That would be a good start without screwing up anything else.

Al

I did all that and rerouted the ECM cable tonight. I took the bike out for a test ride shutting down every 15 mins to allow it to learn. I used the CB and there were no problems. I hope all is well now.

Thanks
Life can only be lived in the present moment.