April 27, 2024, 08:49:55 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Earl's favorite subject

Started by ΚĜΗΟŜΤ, May 13, 2009, 09:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ΚĜΗΟŜΤ

Went to NAPA to get oil filter and decided to buy oil ( oil change for pick up truck)

anyway I have been running Mobil One for over 100,000 miles and it is time for an oil change.

Mobil One was a bit pricey ( $7.50) a quart so I looked at other alternitives..........

NAPA FULL SYNTHETIC made and bottled for NAPA by Valvoline was on sale for $2.99 a quart!! :up:

Cant beat that price for full synthetic Valvoline!

Just thought I would pass it along
Member since 2004

Wingnut

May 13, 2009, 10:41:01 AM #1 Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 10:54:58 AM by Wingnut
Been using Valvoline Syn Power full synthetic 20-50 in the scoot for some time now.  Can't go wrong with the price.  Easy to find.  It's my Earl of choice.  All the bad stuff that is suppose to happen if you didn't use $11.00 a qt. synthetic oil, I hate to say it.  "It never happened."
Never ride faster then your angel can fly.

texaskatfish

Kghost & wingnut - yall going 5000 between changes or 2500 with that Valvoline syn?
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

f-x-d-w-g

I always change my Mobil 1 Syn at 5,000 miles and never a problem.
Dan
Tijeras, NM

Wingnut

Live in Western New York State our riding season is approx. from April to November depending on the snow.  I change it in July and again in November when I put in in the corner of the garage for the winter.   Approx. 4500 miles, give or take a thousand.
Never ride faster then your angel can fly.