May 03, 2024, 10:47:10 PM

News:

110 Dyno Comparisons

Started by Unbalanced, May 13, 2009, 07:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbalanced

May 13, 2009, 07:21:14 PM Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 07:38:04 PM by Unbalanced
Hopefully this helps someone or sparks some productive comments:    Without doing a cam swap / headwork / upgrading the compression I feel that I am about where the bike is putting out as much as it is going to.

Here are some things that I compared while doing this.   While I know the dyno sheets are only WOT, the bike was not tuned for this in mind it was tuned to run smooth and not over heat in the Florida Heat. 

4th Gear vs. 5th gear     SAE vs STD vs Uncorrected     SuperFlow vs. Dyno Jet 250i
Here are some dyno sheets that compare the 110 motor with Fullsac Map and a Custom built map.    The 110 has stage 1 Air / Cleaner and Fullsac 2 inch baffles.  Tuned with TTS unit.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Unbalanced

5th Gear Pull SAE

Unbalanced

Combined for easy comparison

Unbalanced

SuperFlow Dyno with Fullsac map

Unbalanced

SuperFlow Dyno with Custom Map

Unbalanced

5th Gear Pulls comparing SAE / STD / Uncorrected using Custom Map

Unbalanced

May 13, 2009, 07:26:04 PM #6 Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 07:27:13 PM by Unbalanced
5th Gear Pull STD

Unbalanced

5th Gear Uncorrected

Unbalanced

May 13, 2009, 07:32:46 PM #8 Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 07:41:09 PM by Unbalanced
Some things I noticed and was surprised by:

1.  I have been told that from a Super Flow dyno to a DynoJet dyno there is approx an 8 percent difference in numbers.   I didnt find this to be the case in regards to torque ??.   I know the DynoJet dyno (Roadhog) is a stingy dyno, but was very surprised by the similiarities of the outputs.
2.  If a dyno sheet is not printed out in Landscape mode the curves tend to look worse with drop offs when the torque quits with the 255 cams
3. The maps are vastly different in the VE's.   Yet the outputs are similiar. 

Unbalanced

After some reflection and no comments I was wondering if I placed this in the wrong place?   Should this have gone into the Dyno area instead of here for discussion?