May 01, 2024, 05:52:40 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Front motor mount for '04 Road King Classic recommendations

Started by -SeabrookTrickBagger, May 14, 2009, 10:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-SeabrookTrickBagger

Time to change my front motor mount.   I am looking for recommendations on the best one to use.  I am not looking for best in the terms of smoothness, instead I want one which is durable and functional.  I seem to recall that HD has upgraded their mount in the last few years.  I am not looking to use an aftermarket polyurethane solid mount since the swing arm still uses the stock rubber donuts and rubber o-rings in the tranny to rear swing arm interface.  I will probably change out the engine heim joints too.  Suggestions appreciated.

TIA.

Seabrook

road-dawgs1

'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

djl

Buell PN is L0501.2 and I think it is the same piece as the HD16207-79D but will cost about $20 less.

road-dawgs1

There was a lengthy thread on another forum about how they used the buell mount on a bagger and it ended up not lasting and went to crap on the person.
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

madtownrydr

I just put the HD16207-79D mount in my EG and works fine even if it is made in China. I tried a $20 one from Drag Spec and it transmitted all the vibration....was like a solid mount. Way too hard!

quikbike

put the 79D on my 02 FLHTC last summer........little stiffer at Idle but settles right out
I hate snow

djl

Quote from: road-dawgs1 on May 14, 2009, 01:32:57 PM
There was a lengthy thread on another forum about how they used the buell mount on a bagger and it ended up not lasting and went to crap on the person.

Time will tell, only a little over 1000 miles since the Buell piece was installed in my 107" 02 FLHT. It is not quite as stiff as the new one and dampens the idle shake a bit better.  I like it and hope it holds up.

-SeabrookTrickBagger

Seabrook

Big Dan

The Buell piece is the same as the early style (16207-79b). The last one a friend bought had 16207-79b stamped right in it.
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

metaliser

Quote from: Big Dan on May 17, 2009, 05:30:08 PM
The Buell piece is the same as the early style (16207-79b). The last one a friend bought had 16207-79b stamped right in it.
So BigDan your saying that the Buell one is not like the 79d but is like the 79b, is that correct, I have a 79d and I don't like it at all, to much for me, I'm still running my orig one on my 06 even though it's pulled apart on the bottom, it still is better than the 79d but if the Buell is different I might give it a try.

Big Dan

Never follow the Hippo into the water.