Advice on 2015 RGS 103HO stage 1 with 48k on the clock

Started by Shadowbennie, January 19, 2019, 02:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfmichael

Quote from: Shadowbennie on July 02, 2019, 07:53:26 AM
Quote from: Hossamania on May 06, 2019, 06:56:55 PM
As far as the clutch goes, you might want to pull it apart and inspect the steels and fibers, they may need replacement if original, those plus the SE spring will probably be fine, you probably won't need the vpc.

Hey Hoss (and all) - yeah, I'm guessing the steels and/or fibers might be due for replacement. I took my ride to BVHOG last friday to have it tuned, he noted he thought the clutch was slipping just a little in the final roll-ons, but the engine stayed together (whew!) and is running like a top! I will admit that I did get a little anxious before Bob did the final set of redline roll-ons, there's no better test to the job you've done, and I was gonna find out!

Bob did an excellent job, and it was fun to watch him work. I'm going to try to milk the clutch until this winter, i'll tear it down and replace with new fibers & steels & upgrade the spring at that point.

I did switch out the Schaeffer's syn primary back to formula + before the tune, think I'm gonna stick with formula + from here on out, especially if I decide to go with carbonite fiber plates as I believe you're not supposed to run syn primary with those.

Ended up at 118-120 torque/~97 HP - with a power band as flat as a table top! A nice solid outing and I'm real happy! The throttle response is smooth as butter all the way through the RPM range now, no dips, hesitation, or punchyness unless I want it!

that's a solid performer for a 103" motor - well done to all involved  :beer:
Colorado Springs, CO.