April 27, 2024, 08:28:18 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

fuel moto air cleaner kit M-8

Started by 04efidynasuperglide, February 26, 2019, 03:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

04efidynasuperglide

Group,  would the fuel moto high flow air cleaner kit FM-3956 for my m-8  void my warranty ????

will the bike need retuned ?   I currently have heavy breather from HD and stage one HD street tuner with cannons

I recently put lowers on bike and not sure about heavy breather being so close to it

thanks
chieffie

cmashark

Quote from: 04efidynasuperglide on February 26, 2019, 03:38:46 PM
Group,  would the fuel moto high flow air cleaner kit FM-3956 for my m-8  void my warranty ????

will the bike need retuned ?   I currently have heavy breather from HD and stage one HD street tuner with cannons

I recently put lowers on bike and not sure about heavy breather being so close to it

thanks

1. Probably.  In the last few years, H-D has been looking for any reason to void the powertrain warranty.  The EPA fined them pretty heavily.
2. Probably not, but even a stock bike will benefit from a tune.

X. The heavy breather is a good intake.  Being close to the lowers won't hurt it.  If the lowers fit, you like the look of the HB, and you don't need that side as a glove box, leave it alone.
2021 FLHXSE

HD/Wrench

I deal with several dealerships here local and what they are doing now is looking to see if you added mufflers OR AC unit and if so did you install the Street tuner if not well .... your out of luck . And before we get on the tune with PV deal that does not work as you still need to have a street tuner loaded  as its looking for that Check mark when they hook the bike to the DT , SO street tuner to get that sorted and then the tuner over the top . need service work warranty work no issue flash it back to Street tuner cal and take it in .

MOCO is stepping up their game as well new trick that is hit or miss on their part . Not 100% what they do but I posted on this and was told not possible  But had another bike with street tuner and PV get snagged and power train warranty deleted , Dealer was shocked and it was set up correctly so it seems to be safe just flash back to the ST and then move forward  yes its more money .

For a AC swap only I do not see the point nothing to be gained for you to feel

Nastytls

Not sure why this keep coming up. People keep asking if this part will void and that part will void. You install non HD performance parts and they find it, you powertrain warranty if gone. Period. You may have a dealer ( like I do ) that will help you out and not report it, but if you bring it somewhere else it's gone.

There should be a sticky posted at the top of the forum about this.

04efidynasuperglide

i got a little excited when I saw the fuel moto AC on e bay and thus the question I posed.

as long as its ok for current AC set up to be so close to lower then i will leave alone.

thanks to all responders,  i dont post much but im so glad to be on this site

SCOTT
chieffie