May 03, 2024, 11:43:43 PM

News:

winter chrome protection

Started by JONNIEROCK, November 12, 2008, 02:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JONNIEROCK

Just wondering what everyone does to protect their chrome parts on their scooters when putting away for winter. I was thinkig of spraying the chrome with WD40. They say wax only traps moisture, causing rust. Thanks for any suggestions.
                                              Jonnierock
You think you have problems. My first wife died, and my second one won't !!!

GaryD

I would think that if wax traps moisture, that just about every bike in the world would be rolling hunks of rust. You could try a polish---- I was told a long long time ago that wax seals the paint and polish lets the paint breath. That's pretty much what I use to use on my Corvettes (Nu Finish) polish. You had to apply it more often, but the shine was fantastic.
What I use to do is spray the hole bike with S & S Corrosion Protectant. I ride all year now(Chicago area) so I don't coat the entire bike, I just spray the bottom of the frame and wax the wheels. That's all.
AMA Life Mbr.
USMC VietNam 66-67 3rd Tnk. Bat

Bakon

Wax traps moisture? Don't you wipe it back off? Put it on, let it dry, wipe it off. Remember wax on, wax off? Little oriental guy from the movie?
wasting time

88b

This stuff  ACF-50 seems to work well    http://www.acf-50.co.uk/   this is the English web site ,but it must be available in the US