May 04, 2024, 10:07:21 PM

News:

Baker DD7 issues

Started by Rockout Rocker Products, May 04, 2019, 01:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

koko3052

Quote from: rigidthumper on May 26, 2019, 06:11:25 AM
Quote from: Rockout Rocker Products on May 25, 2019, 07:49:32 PM
Well, the DD7 is out & will be on the way back to Baker for "evaluation" on Tuesday. Here is the extent of Baker field testing... I was trying to save some time but as usual that ain't how it's working out lol.

Would it be quicker/easier to send them the entire thing? Case and gears? No riding, but would give them more things to check... :nix:

That would be the way to do it! :up:
You never know..... they may find some anomaly with the case. :nix:

Rockout Rocker Products

The no riding is the problem. I have a brother in law coming July 4th week to among other things ride down the Cal coast with me. (I have 2 bikes). Figure a week shipping there,a week shipping back, 3weeks for evaluation/repair...... cutting it too close. Rather than pull the inner primary,change the Baker MDG and bearing/race back to stock and putting in the 6 speed...I'll probably put the DD7 back in and deal with it after he leaves. I was hoping to do a quick swap, should have known better.

I did ask Baker if they would ship me a new unit,charge me for it then credit me when I return the defective one.... crickets.
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

Ohio HD

Quote from: Rockout Rocker Products on May 26, 2019, 09:29:22 AM
The no riding is the problem. I have a brother in law coming July 4th week to among other things ride down the Cal coast with me. (I have 2 bikes). Figure a week shipping there,a week shipping back, 3weeks for evaluation/repair...... cutting it too close. Rather than pull the inner primary,change the Baker MDG and bearing/race back to stock and putting in the 6 speed...I'll probably put the DD7 back in and deal with it after he leaves. I was hoping to do a quick swap, should have known better.

I did ask Baker if they would ship me a new unit,charge me for it then credit me when I return the defective one.... crickets.

Phone call Tuesday, ask to speak to Lisa Baker. You may have to leave a message, just be calm and explain. She can say what's what there.

Rockout Rocker Products

Quote from: Ohio HD on May 26, 2019, 09:37:46 AM
Quote from: Rockout Rocker Products on May 26, 2019, 09:29:22 AM

Phone call Tuesday, ask to speak to Lisa Baker. You may have to leave a message, just be calm and explain. She can say what's what there.

Good suggestion but no time.  This was the weekend to get it done. The DD7 is back in, after the planned ride on the 4th I'll pull it & ride my Triumph Tiger 1050 while they sort it out.

rredneckn2

So I'm assuming you are running a sealed bearing on the inner primary.
If you don't like what I say DONT read it

Coyote

I have her cell number.   :hyst:

Ohio HD

Quote from: Coyote on May 28, 2019, 06:02:07 PM

I just have her email address......       :emsad:

Coyote

Quote from: Ohio HD on May 28, 2019, 06:03:29 PM

That just means your not a big enough PITA    :embarrassed:

Ohio HD

Quote from: Coyote on May 28, 2019, 06:04:45 PM
Quote from: Ohio HD on May 28, 2019, 06:03:29 PM

That just means your not a big enough PITA    :embarrassed:

not yet......         :smilep:

rredneckn2

Did you ever think u you might have stepped on your stick when they wanted your dd7 back and you reinstall it?

Rockout Rocker Products

Quote from: rredneckn2 on May 28, 2019, 05:56:14 PM
So I'm assuming you are running a sealed bearing on the inner primary.
Yes, it comes with the DD7.

Rockout Rocker Products

Quote from: rredneckn2 on May 28, 2019, 06:12:02 PM
Did you ever think u you might have stepped on your stick when they wanted your dd7 back and you reinstall it?
Far as they know I never took it out.
It would still be under warranty either way.

rredneckn2

May 28, 2019, 06:17:24 PM #62 Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 06:30:08 PM by rredneckn2
Well mine didn't come with a sealed bearing. A 06 race and running a stock 08 bearing.

shimaze

Just be wondering if you ever got this problem reserved and if so, what was the problem? What did Baker say?

Rockout Rocker Products

It went back to Baker, they replaced a couple of gears & called it good. Got it back & it was same as when I sent it. 

I won't waste shipping money to send it back again.

F 'em.

BadBass

September 01, 2020, 09:34:37 PM #65 Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 05:13:43 AM by Coyote

Quote from: Heinz on May 04, 2019, 07:57:50 PM
I'm having the same problems as you but mine is a grudgebox. I gave my description of my problems and troubleshooting I've done in the other thread so I won't repeat it here. I installed the OEM transmission after I rebuilt it last week and I sent the grudgebox back to Baker and now I'm getting great shifts and it's smooth as can be expected. The only thing I miss is that the Grudge box has a sixth gear ratio of .92 so I dropped about 300 RPM at cruise which was really nice, cruising at 80 miles an hour at 2700 RPM. I'm hoping that Baker finds something that is obvious because if they don't I'm not putting that transmission back in my bike.

I'm having the same exact issues as Heinz with my Grudge Box. I have a 2017 RG with the M8. After 450 miles on the tranny I sent it back to Baker. They tried telling me it was the Rekluse clutch, however it was only 3rd gear where I was having the issue. If it was the clutch I'd be having the issue in every gear.  Speaking with a gentleman who builds race transmissions, he said Baker over chamfers the dogs which causes the transmission not to go into gear properly. I was wondering if Baker was ever able to get yours fixed?

barny7655

two things to ponder, not enough clearance when hot ,between steels and frictions, check over all clutch pack height,  Or main clutch  spring, needs replacing ,lost tension as the clutch pack expands, just not sure of the clutch spring, or springs your using , barny
riding since 62, BSA bantum the first bike