April 28, 2024, 10:42:52 AM

News:

Could it be the tune?

Started by metaliser, November 12, 2008, 04:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metaliser

Had the bike tuned with 95" flatops bigboyz heads and HQ0034 cams, bike runs great but it's down on the hp and tq a little, after further investagation seems I might have had a little sumping going on, 12oz of oil, after the fix and new gaskets I know have 6oz of oil in block, anyways at WOT the bike starts to pull hard but if you roll off the throttle a little it seems to pick up, or take off better, the dyno sheet shows that the afr is the same all the way through, what could cause this and could this be the reason for slightly lower numbers.

Sonny S.

What is the bike ?

If it's carbed then your main jet is too lean.
If EFI, you need retuned because WOT is lean. I'd bet because it was sumping it was not making enough power to require the fuel that it needs now.

Sonny

Valley

Do you have more details. How about a dyno sheet?

metaliser

November 13, 2008, 07:34:32 AM #3 Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 07:38:22 AM by metaliser
I'll post the sheet as soon as I can get a picture of it, I was just wondering if this could be the reason I'm not showing better #'s than I am, anyways I'll get it posted as quickly as I can.                         
Quote from: Sonny S. on November 12, 2008, 05:25:32 PM
What is the bike ?

If it's carbed then your main jet is too lean.
If EFI, you need retuned because WOT is lean. I'd bet because it was sumping it was not making enough power to require the fuel that it needs now.

Sonny
Actually Sonny it was Sumping when this happened, after the fix though it doesn't seem a whole lot better but bad weather set in an haven't got it back on the dyno.

FLTRI

Sumping can and does kill over 20hp. If the bike was tuned while sumping the tuner should have noticed and stopped before he spent too much time, knowing the tune would be off after the sumping was fixed.
Not sure why you didn't feel a huge improvement, like 20hp more.
The comment about WOT vs part throttle leads me to question if the sumping was actually fixed. I would check the oil residue again just to be sure.
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open