May 01, 2024, 04:32:39 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Correct position of 3 wires for 2" HD mini tach P/N 67567-05

Started by Blazing Saddles, May 31, 2019, 10:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazing Saddles

Doing a riser upgrade on my 2004 FXSTS and accidentally disconnected the 3 wires to the tach before I wrote down their correct locations. Wires are: Black,  Orange and White,  Green and Purple.  The tach has 12 pin holes of which only 3 are used: top row last hole on right; bottom row 2nd and 5th hole from left. (2 rows of 6 possible) all other holes are plugged. Yea, I can't find the original install instructions.

Rusticwater

This might help too. It's the instructions (J03991) for the 2" tach from the 2007 GMA catalog and references your wire colors. (purple=violet)

link
Support the Maine lobster industry

Blazing Saddles

Thanks for the input but I can't figure it out yet. The 12 pin connector has positions #2, #4 and #7 open as the possibilities.

Rusticwater

You're dealing with 3 signals. Ground (black), 12V power (O/W), and the tach signal (Light Green/Violet). Get a VOM meter. Ground pin should be easy to figure out by measuring resistance from each of the 3 pins to a known ground point with the ignition off. Once you have the ground pin figured out, switch your meter to dc volts and your bike to the accessory position, that should just power up the 12V pin so test the other 2 pins. Once you have the 12V pin determined, the remaining pin should be the tach signal.
Support the Maine lobster industry

FSG

Blazing Saddles

It is printed on the body of the tach.  Also there is 118373 Maxima Technologies  07-28.