May 01, 2024, 04:26:52 PM

News:

SERT vs Dealer flash

Started by FXDBI, May 18, 2009, 01:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FXDBI

Bought a SERT back in 2006 for my 06 streetbob, last version sold before they changed. Well I had a stg1 dealer flash done on first service with the SE airfilter and slip-ons installed at that time. Since the dealer would void the warranty up here in Canada if it was flashed with the SERT I never did flash the ecm with it. Well warranty was gone last year and I finally used it to load a new map in the ecm this weekend. Cant believe the diff it made bike pulls like a totally diff machine. Does anyone know what the diff is in the dealer flash vs the one in the sert for the 06 Dyna with 25deg injectors. Could the dealer flash have been for the 8deg injectors has it was done before the recall on the injectors? Or is there a diff timing table in the SERT map??? Thanks ...Bob

crazycalvin

To get the answer you are looking for, you might have to know what the "dealer" flash number was I.E.: if it was cartridge flash or whatever.  Then give the Calibration ID of what you put in there.  Hope this helps get the ball rolling for you.  I would be curious also.  Later, Calvin.

FXDBI

Well dummy me didn't write down the number of the dealer flash when I flashed it. Used Cal#59 141NX00-BO.MT6
also has the number 141nx104. ....Bob

06RoadGlider

My understanding is the dealers flash has to stay within the EPA and enviro laws and would not be giving you the best tq&hp as the map you have loaded should be much stronger as it is shooting for the higher tq&hp and working outside of the EPA and enviro laws. Not sure if thats what you where asking Bob
JJ
" to all a great ride and return safe"

FLTRI

IMO the best thing you can do for your ride is to take the SERT and the bike to a competent tuner and have him recalibrate both cylinders for you specific bike's configuration and idiosyncrasies (injector output variances, etc). Then you will have an improved ride including smoother, more responsive, and even a bit more power. And maybe even better mileage. :teeth:
HTH,
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open