May 09, 2024, 09:19:21 AM

News:

My last Harley has left the garage

Started by Mike52, May 19, 2009, 10:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eglider05

May 20, 2009, 02:04:35 PM #25 Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 06:14:52 PM by Eglider05
The only person you're kidding is in the mirror. You're too passionate about Harleys to stay away very long.

Rick

02roadcling

02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

HV

Mike I understand 100%... and working at a Dealer can get to be Over load on HDs... Myself I had cars for years... ( Bought Muscle cars in the 80s and sold them..)...worked on a few Car Race teams.... never had time to do much actual riding...( except the every day test rides being a wrench ) ..now I'm done doing the race car stuff...and car selling deal ... gonna spend more time riding .... The guys I went to California with and myself ( The Desert Rats ) are riding every weekend  :up:  and may be doing a return run to Cali next year

HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

Scurvy

Shoot, when it's *really* nice out that's when the topless, doorless jeep comes out. I ride the bike on the "less" nice days.
'05 FXST, '10 FLHTP, '77 FXE
Clinton, MT

Fxstchewy

Make sure and stay on here, your opinion is valued.  :up:
"I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can have the change."

alice

you dont quit ridding because you get old    you get old because you quit ridding :wtf:                                                                                                                                                            y

1JITSU1

MIKE what about the 2010s

03deuce

Yes, project pictures please!  When we were on a ride a couple years back, we happened to be in Victoria, B.C. the same weekend that they were having the 75th anniversary of the 32 Ford car show.  Being a car nut, I was in heaven.  Walked my legs off looking at cars all day Saturday.  Vic Edelbrock had four 32's there (as I recall) and his big yacht in the harbor.  If I sold my Cuda and one of my Harleys, could probably afford a hot rod.  Oh well, best wishes with your project! 

EZGlider

Funny to read this, Mike.  In Florida this past winter I had no enthusiasm for riding the Scoot.  It became my "ride" for errands etc. but my wife was busy using our SUV and I found myself not wanting to see the same , flat, browned out , straight roaded 'Glades very much.  Considered putting an ad in the paper and maybe buying a little Pontiac Convertible my OL thinks is "cute", LOL.

Hauled the Roadglide back up here to the Blue Ridge (yeah,in my trailer, LOL gotta carry the OL and two pups plus all our stuff twice a year) and even in the wet weather we've been having the spark is back.  Gorgeous views off the BRP, brisk, crisp mountain air and the pulse of the ol' 88 clangin' her valves and looking for that 3K rhythem.  Guess I'll hold onto it another year, keep my guns and my OL for awhile, anyway. :smilep:

Superheat9

Mike best of luck with your car build.
Glad to hear you will still be around.

crossbonz

mike, good luck with the rod. it's good to hear you'll still be around these halls, like others have said, you've been a staple here for years and your insight is valued. thanks for all you've given us as you make the turn...

joepenoso

Wow Mike it's been 6 years already!
Glad to hear you'll still be around and good luck with your future Hotrod!
joepenoso
:up:

Mike52

Joe, yeah, it's been 6 years, I remember because the Mikuni deal was right before we bought the house we're in now, we moved in 6 years ago this week. Time fly's when you're having fun.

Mike
Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net

mrmike

Mike like it's been said, don't be a stranger we still need to pick your brain. lol If your going to pick another toy that's the one to have! Best of luck with your new challenge.
Mike
I'm not leaving til I have a good time

Clintster

Well good thing you can still be about the same power to weight ratio.  What power you using, got pics, more power?
Drive fast, take chances

HDSlowride

I wouldn't ride if I lived in Florida either. I worked in an indy bike shop in Florida after I got out of the Navy in '75. Almost got run over daily by old blue hairs and other inconsiderate drivers. Eventually left the state but still have relatives there. And I still hate riding in Florida.
'07 Ultra Classic