April 26, 2024, 08:48:44 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Fuel line orings 2006 street bob

Started by Acetxx, November 01, 2019, 04:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acetxx

I just aquired a 2006 street bob with 1848 miles on it. Tank was a mess. Replaced everything in tank and removed all rust. Replaced injectors and now have a leak where the fuel line connects to fuel rail. Runs fine. Cannot find the size of the 2 orings at that connection. My guess is replace those and should be good. TIA
Ace

Coyote

The outer (larger) one is usually the issue. Just use a standard HD oil plug o ring to replace it.  Done it many times. Never replaced the smaller one so I don't have any info on that one.

Acetxx

That seem too large. Are you referring to the quick connect at the tank? My problem is the other end at the fuel rail the ridgid line off the fuel rail look like 5/16". The fuel line connection ( female) has a small oring inside. I might have to pick it out and pull the male one off to carry around to find the right size.

Coyote

Sorry I was referring to the ones inside the female quick disconnect.

14GuineaPig

It looks like HD makes a kit but that the o-rings are not sold separately

27651-06 FUEL RAIL SERVICE KIT, w/ fuel rail, screws, washers, o-rings, & tube

Of course it's $100 +

https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson.com/sip/service/document/216902

Acetxx

That's a lot more then I need. I'll snatch the inner o-ring out and pull the outside o-ring off and carry them around and find some close to the same. Should cost a few bucks and be done. Thanks for the info. Should have figured they won't sell separately........

86fxwg

Quote from: Acetxx on November 02, 2019, 12:05:53 PM
That's a lot more then I need. I'll snatch the inner o-ring out and pull the outside o-ring off and carry them around and find some close to the same. Should cost a few bucks and be done. Thanks for the info. Should have figured they won't sell separately........

Try Napa or Orielys they have a small pack of Dorman fuel rail nitrile o-rings  ive used before. $6

86fxwg 06flhx 10flhx

klammer76

Check the HPI site. I know they offer different kits with o rings for EFI component rebuilds