April 26, 2024, 11:42:33 AM

News:

Cams questions if someone don't mind

Started by chipthedonkey, December 16, 2019, 07:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipthedonkey

I been reading lots of cam threads the last couple days.  Paid a lot of attention to some talk about a TTS150.  Here's where I'm at and hoping for someone who knows this stuff better than me to make a suggestion.

We just bought another bike.  Road Glide this time.  It's a 88" 2002 model.  It came with a freshly done set of cylinders, heads, pistons, cam plate, roller rockers, etc to completely repalce the top end and everything in the cam chest and make it a 98" motor.

The work on the heads and cylinders and all the parts came from Tman's shop.  The work looks really nice.  At least to me it does.  It was all done planning around the 625 cam that shop sales.  I got everything but the cams.  We couldn't find them.

I know that is a cam that has been offered for a long time.  I've herd good things about it but I don't know enough about these things or what's newer to really know if somethign might be better now.  So for those that do know all the new stuff if motor work is done and everyhging else is done with the 625 cams in mind should I just go buy another pair of 625s or is there some better option from newer stuff?

Don D

You would be best served to call TR direct.

rigidthumper

I agree, a phone call would be best, you can tell him the job #, he can make recommendations and sell you what you need.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

prodrag1320

if the build (heads especially) were done around the 625 cams,thats the direction id go in.we use alot of the T man 625 cams here,you wont be sorry

chipthedonkey

Everything was done with the 625 cams in mind.  I rode a bike a buddys bike a few years ago that wore those cams and remmber liking how it ran so I don't think I'll be disappointed.  It might even be an easier choice now because the guy the bike came from left a phone message tonight saying he found the box.  Only thing it could be is the missing cams so I'm hoping I don't have to buy anything else now. 

Hillside Motorcycle

Used those cams plenty in 107".
Interested in as how this shakes out. :up:
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

rking1550

I ran that cam w/ T-man heads in a 95" @ 10.5 compression,  made 105-110hp depending on the day & dyno. Multiple runs over a few years, always right in that range. Great cam imho.
124"@ 11.1 to 1, T-man 662-2, T-man thumper, woods CV 51 carb,  Bassini RR

chipthedonkey

Thanks again everybody.  I'm looking forward to getting this all done.  I got the other box day and it surely is a set of 625 cams from Tman.  Even though I boght the bike at a price thinking I'd have to buy cams the guy that sold it just dropped them off.  No extra charge.  That was nice.