April 26, 2024, 06:21:25 PM

News:

Computer(?) port question

Started by Boe Cole, February 05, 2020, 07:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boe Cole

Last night i wanted to upload a new TTS tune to my bike and removed the seat on my 2011 Road Glide and plugged in the computer interface to the port just behind the gas tank.  The TTS device would not work and after a few minutes of head scratching I remembered the computer port is on the left side of the bike and when i plugged the TTS device into it - all was well and I got the tune uploaded.

THEN I started to wonder - what port was I plugging into under the seat behind the gas tank?????  It had power and looked the same as the correct port.  I couldn't find it in the SM and I do not believe it was the accessory connector as it had the computer port's four pin connector in it and the rubber plug to keep it dry.

Anyone have an idea?  Got me stumped.
We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Coyote

The data connector is under the left side panel on your bike. The one under the seat is the ACCY connector,

Boe Cole

Quote from: Coyote on February 05, 2020, 07:58:38 AM
The data connector is under the left side panel on your bike. The one under the seat is the ACCY connector,

I'll be darned!!!  On HD's i've owned, the moco used a different connector that was a real pia to separate and plug something in.  Was expecting something along those lines for the accessory connector on this bike as well - not a wantabe data port.....

Thanks Coyote!!!
We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.