May 02, 2024, 07:54:31 AM

News:

Rocker lockers on twin cam 88

Started by chas, February 24, 2020, 06:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hattitude

Quote from: Rockout Rocker Products on February 26, 2020, 06:53:05 PM
Quote from: Roadflyer on February 26, 2020, 08:42:52 AM

They are somewhat less than 100% effective, kind of a hit and miss.
If you install a Rockout, how do you know the shaft can't rock anymore?
On my 2006 RK, I installed a set and just left it at that. ( no reduction in noise, but who knows what was causing the noise if the first place)
On my 2016 RK, I cut slots in the end of the rocker shafts so I could try moving them with a screwdriver after installation of the rockouts.
The results were, 1 was too tight for a Rockout and I left it out, 1 fit perfectly and there was no movement.
2 were still so loose that the shaft moved almost as much with the rockout as it did without it.

I can only say that there is something unique going on in your support plates. The inserts are typically within +/-.002 in diameter or better. The support plates are cast (or forged SE) so the hole sizes shouldn't vary either. The shafts are ground to exact size. If you tried to put standard TC inserts into SE forged support plates they will be loose & ineffective. Can't think of anything else that would cause what you experienced.

I just saw this post....

I switched to forged support plates, went to put a set of Rockouts in that I had, noticed they were loose, so I removed them...

Do you make the inserts for SE forged support plates...? 

Don't really need them right now, but just curious....

Rockout Rocker Products

I do have inserts for SE plates, just PM me when you're ready  :up:
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

les

Quote from: Rockout Rocker Products on April 19, 2020, 02:15:08 PM

I've got them in my SE support plate now.  If I recall, they are the same as when using the stock support plate.

Rockout Rocker Products

The SE support plates have slightly larger holes... thus the different inserts  :up:
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

Armin

Quote from: les on April 19, 2020, 04:34:01 PM
Quote from: Rockout Rocker Products on April 19, 2020, 02:15:08 PM

I've got them in my SE support plate now.  If I recall, they are the same as when using the stock support plate.

I observed the same here, perfect fit into the SE forged support. In addition I use a thin coating of Loctite 648 on the rocker shaft ends and the outside of the rockout inserts, locks everything.

Armin.
Nothing can ruin a Man's day faster than an Almost-Takeoff!

chas

After I installed the rockers on the rear jug, the tapping seemed louder,and goes away when the big is warm! Any thoughts on that ? When I use 60w oil I notice less noise so I know it works somewhat to quiet it down

les

Quote from: Rockout Rocker Products on April 19, 2020, 07:31:28 PM
The SE support plates have slightly larger holes... thus the different inserts  :up:

Thanks for the clarification. 

hattitude