April 27, 2024, 01:00:43 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Service bulletin for Milwaukee Eight oil filter

Started by Durwood, March 11, 2020, 11:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

Quote from: Nastytls on May 16, 2020, 10:17:01 AM
Quote from: IronButt70 on May 15, 2020, 11:36:40 AM
Quote from: les on May 08, 2020, 09:57:39 AM
Quote from: Nastytls on March 20, 2020, 12:53:07 PM
Quote from: Pirsch Fire Wagon on March 19, 2020, 07:23:05 PM
Quote from: rbabos on March 19, 2020, 01:25:53 PM
So, when would the EPA want more of anything? In this case more oil. Sounds like a bs answer to me.

Ron

His answers arn't BS as you say.

I've known him for almost 23 years. He's ALWAYS given me spot-on information.

Just because I can't share it here (I do have a Job), doesn't mean he's spreading BS. I understand 100% of what he's saying. Why don't you check the Capasity Listed in your Manual, then compare what it holds when you service it (wet) and see what you come up with. Then look at the difference, then compare it to what the new filter holds - Do the math.

You have no idea whatsoever how far the EPA is up the rear of H-D. Here is another one you can look for..... No more M8 shortly.............. It's in development and will be in the Market in eighteen months or less. That's how far the EPA is up their six. Take it to the Bank!

So they spent untold money to develop the M8 and will only have it around for a few yrs? An engine when left stock meets all EPA requirements. They then spent even more money and developed this new 131", again, meeting all EPA requirements when left stock. Now they're going to ditch it? Makes no sense for a company that is struggling badly and will be even more so with this current Pandemic.

H-D better do something because the Indian Challenger makes my RK look like a piece of s#!t, and I'm going to buy one when the 2021 models come out.  Yes, I'll still keep my 124" as my hot rod.
If your looking at a Challenger for long distance riding you might be disappointed. I test rode one for about an hour. The ergonomics for me were awful. Would take expensive  seat and handlebar mods at the very least for me.  Of course YMMV.

Kind of like the very expensive mods I had to make to get my Road Glide comfortable.... The HD Bars and seat are terrible and floorboards are only a little better but still need adjustment/replacement for larger ones. Not sure how many people actually leave that stuff stock anyway, but it's certainly isn't a reason to avoid buying any bike.

:up:    :up:      :agree:

PoorUB

The seating position on my Harleys I  have owned is the best thing I can say about them. The factory seat and handlebar location is close to perfect for me. Now if they could get a suspension under it and a better driveline!
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Hossamania

The driveline is what it is, we know that going in, I agree on the suspension being less than ideal. But the lack of travel on the suspension is the reason I can touch my feet on the ground. Compromises.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

PoorUB

You rented an RT in Europe. Did you wear high heels to touch the ground on it?

Plus, looking at a HD bagger, there is room to add some more suspension travel if they wanted to. It would screw with the fender and the looks of the bike, so I am guessing looks wins!
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Hossamania

Of course looks win! How much gets spent on chrome verses suspension and ergonomics by owners?
And I really could have used some high heels on that RT, it was a tippy-toe adventure! Lowering kit on both my bikes, still not completely flat foot, but plenty stable. Tippy-toe on a 560 pound bike worked, tippy-toe on a 900 pound pig, a little more exciting....
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Rockout Rocker Products

Quote from: PoorUB on May 16, 2020, 11:42:30 AM
You rented an RT in Europe. Did you wear high heels to touch the ground on it?

Plus, looking at a HD bagger, there is room to add some more suspension travel if they wanted to. It would screw with the fender and the looks of the bike, so I am guessing looks wins!

It would only ruin the "looks" at rest, unladen. And that of course is enough reason for Harley not to do it.

My 20 year old Honda dual sport rides like a dream on the street compared to my bagger. Why? It has 12" travel front & rear. Thing is, if set correctly it sags 4" when I sit on it. At rest it looks like you need a ladder to get on it, but once seated @5'9" I'm on the balls of both feet. Same thing could be done with a Harley. But not and look like a Duo Glide.
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

Nastytls

Quote from: PoorUB on May 16, 2020, 10:37:19 AM
The seating position on my Harleys I  have owned is the best thing I can say about them. The factory seat and handlebar location is close to perfect for me. Now if they could get a suspension under it and a better driveline!

There's the rub, right. A terrible rider interface for me and nearly perfect for you. It's impossible to build something that's ideal for everyone; one of the many reasons I just don't understand CVO's. To me, one of the great things about motorcycles is that what you buy off the showroom is a ( very expensive ) blank canvas, take it home and start making it yours.

FLSTFIDave

Quote from: Nastytls on May 18, 2020, 07:58:23 AM
Quote from: PoorUB on May 16, 2020, 10:37:19 AM

There's the rub, right. A terrible rider interface for me and nearly perfect for you. It's impossible to build something that's ideal for everyone; one of the many reasons I just don't understand CVO's. To me, one of the great things about motorcycles is that what you buy off the showroom is a ( very expensive ) blank canvas, take it home and start making it yours.

When I started buying CVO's was in 09.  I had more money in my Fatboy the the cost of a New CVO, but it was worth the same money in trade as any other Fatboy of the same year.  So I bought a CVO Road Glide, added less then 1K in stuff to the bike to make it comfortable.  I traded it in 11 for a 12 CVO Road Glide.  I got 5K less in trade than I paid for the bike, with 47,000 miles on it.  Did the same with the 12. 

Now days I'm probably on my last CVO for several reason.  1.  Quality has gone down year after year.  2.  Value of the new bike for the money has gone down year after year.  3.  Resale has tanked for the reasons above plus now they make more in each color than the did of all colors in 09.

Still on a Harley touring bike as is most comfortable fit for me, and there are dealers everywhere un like the other brands.

25K service last week, local dealer still did not have new M8 filter. 
2023 CVO Road Glide Whiskey Neat
2021 Pan America Special, Gray,  2003 Fatboy