April 26, 2024, 08:49:36 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Stored ECM trim settings

Started by Ronbo2, March 20, 2020, 03:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronbo2

My understanding of trim settings is that based on certain calculations the ECM makes real-time adjustments when riding. Then when you power off it stores these adjusted values in various tables and applies them during the next ride.  If this is correct, will saving a copy of the current tune in my PV save these adjustments?

My objective/thought is when I load new maps, auto tune, etc,  I would like to be able to go back to my 'original" map with all the trims versus starting over.  Or are these trims really make any difference?  I do realize that there is a certain amount of flux in these settings each time you ride.

Thanks,
Ron

Coyote

There are two trims, long term and short term. Long term are remembered unless you clear them, which is usually done when loading a map.

Switching from one map to another, you should always clear them.

The short term trims will occur fairly quickly. The long term trims a bit longer.  Once you get a good map, it won't matter much anyway since a good map should have small trims.

Ronbo2

Thanks,  that makes sense.  I'm going to take a look at the trims to see if how significant they are after a couple of runs.   Be safe...