May 02, 2024, 04:00:09 AM

News:

correcting speedometer

Started by happyman, May 24, 2009, 08:48:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

happyman

Had my 07 tuned and also had the speedo reset  to the gearing i now have. It is 3 mph off by the GPS, which is no big deal. Still i would like to try to correct it and can't seem to find where or how to do this.
Have read and read and can't seem to find out how to or what procedure to use.any help is welcome  thanks
Happyman

FLTRI

Quote from: happyman on May 24, 2009, 08:48:33 AM
Had my 07 tuned and also had the speedo reset  to the gearing i now have.
Could you describe what you meant by a speedo reset?
QuoteIt is 3 mph off
If you have the TTS Mastertune you can correct the ECM's internal speed calculation.
If you don't have the TTS, then you can purchase a plug-n-play speedo calibrator from several sourses.
HTH,
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

happyman

Quote from: FLTRI on May 24, 2009, 12:37:59 PM
Quote from: happyman on May 24, 2009, 08:48:33 AM
Had my 07 tuned and also had the speedo reset  to the gearing i now have.
Could you describe what you meant by a speedo reset?
QuoteIt is 3 mph off
If you have the TTS Mastertune you can correct the ECM's internal speed calculation.
If you don't have the TTS, then you can purchase a plug-n-play speedo calibrator from several sourses.
HTH,
Bob

yup i should have mentioned i have the TTS Mastertune on the bike. like i said i canntot find where to  make the adjustments..
Thanks  happy

nc-renegade

Quote from: happyman on May 24, 2009, 02:20:29 PM

yup i should have mentioned i have the TTS Mastertune on the bike. like i said i canntot find where to  make the adjustments..
Thanks  happy

It is an option when you go to program ECM.  When you select "Program ECM", check under the Option menu for the speedo calibration option and check it.  When you program your map, there will be a dialog box to enter the calibration value for the speedometer.
107ci, 11:1,T-Man Stage 3 Heads, T-Man TR-662 cam, HPI 51mm TB, Feuling plate/SP

happyman

Quote from: nc-renegade on May 24, 2009, 07:24:55 PM
Quote from: happyman on May 24, 2009, 02:20:29 PM

Thanks  happy

It is an option when you go to program ECM.  When you select "Program ECM", check under the Option menu for the speedo calibration option and check it.  When you program your map, there will be a dialog box to enter the calibration value for the speedometer.

did that  after a couple days after the tuner  set it .he went in and changed something and it mad no diffferance.  i have no idea what it  was .  but i  recall that he mentioned what your talking about here i think.

FLTRI

From the Mastertune screen go to "tools" at the top of the page. Then choose "VSS Calculator" from the drop-down menu.
HTH,
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

FSG

May 24, 2009, 08:04:23 PM #6 Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 10:14:26 PM by Fatboy_SirGarfield

happyman

Quote from: Fatboy_SirGarfield on May 24, 2009, 08:04:23 PM

ok i have been into that  but i don't believe the tuner ever  put in  rollout.  just the the 3:15 gear that i now have..  he says he has moved some new #'s into place but it made no differance so i may seei f i can do it myself. the problem is i have never tried to do a thing with this  before but i  imagine i just may be able to do it . just not sure of all the procedure.Do i need to  chalk mark the tire and and the  concrete floor and roll the bike  till the chalk mark hits the floor on a rotation? mark it and  measure the  inches, and enter that?   i take it  that would be the  front tire?

FSG

Quote..  Do i need to chalk mark the tire and and the concrete floor and roll the bike till the chalk mark hits the floor on a rotation? mark it and  measure the  inches, and enter that?   i take it  that would be the  front tire?

Chalk, roll and measure the REAR Tyre.  If possible have someone help while you sit on the bike, it's a difference although only slight.

HarleyFranco

Here is the speedometer correction from the TTS instructions.

vss(new) = vss(old) x speed reading
----------------------------------
                     speed(actual)

divide the top by the bottom to get the new reading.
Increasing the vss value decreases the speedometer reading and vice versa,

Frank

happyman

Quote from: Fatboy_SirGarfield on May 24, 2009, 08:42:19 PM
Quote..  Do i need to chalk mark the tire and and the concrete floor and roll the bike till the chalk mark hits the floor on a rotation? mark it and  measure the  inches, and enter that?   i take it  that would be the  front tire?

Chalk, roll and measure the REAR Tyre.  If possible have someone help while you sit on the bike, it's a difference although only slight.

ok thanks    now i may give it a shot tommorrow if its raining other wise will ride and  enjoy.   thanks  for the  info 
Happy

happyman

May 24, 2009, 09:03:56 PM #11 Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 06:54:17 AM by happyman
Quote from: HarleyFranco on May 24, 2009, 08:59:39 PM
Here is the speedometer correction from the TTS instructions.

vss(new) = vss(old) x speed reading
----------------------------------
                     speed(actual)

divide the top by the bottom to get the new reading.
Increasing the vss value decreases the speedometer reading and vice versa,

ah  ok  i think  got that. wonder   what my tuner was doing or not doing.  anyway thanks
Happy   

Frank

thanks  to all fwho helped out