April 26, 2024, 01:24:43 PM

News:

Finally!

Started by Pirsch Fire Wagon, April 08, 2020, 05:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Finally, some good news.

Since 2016 we have not been able to Tune very well because of the EPA. However, the latest up-date WILL  allow Tuners to add/subtract based on "Auto-Tune" to give a much better Tune.

Now, the Limit has been removed when the Tech clicks on the message out-of-range. But ONLY in Auto-Tune Selection.

AND, it will NOT void the Warranty! When the MAP is saved, the Computer logs the Vin as compliant.

A basic understanding is that the EPA now allows the Auto-Tune to adjust where necessary. It's approved by both EPA and EPA Compliance and therefore everything is A-0-K!

If you haven't gotten the up-date it should be out in a week or so – Dependent on this COVID-19 / We were a "Testing" Shop.
Tom

Buglet

About time we have some good news. It should help to get the in tune closer and still keep the warranty. It's better then nothing and it should help the dealers because with out them we would have no bikes.

Hossamania

I'm interested in more info on this and how to approach the dealer as it becomes available, a friend had a stage ll on his '19 114 last Fall, and the tune could use some attention.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Quote from: Hossamania on April 09, 2020, 05:50:22 AM
I'm interested in more info on this and how to approach the dealer as it becomes available, a friend had a stage ll on his '19 114 last Fall, and the tune could use some attention.

The Stage II, III & IV were the reasons for the change - Many Dealers were sending Tech to Technoresearch and considering a bulk buy. But that went by the wayside when Dealers were told "You're on your own, if anything happens, you're responsible".

It was so bad on the Stage III they sent a Dealer Communications just to use the Stage-II, which wasn't much better. There has been so many changes and people are literally "Job Scared" they hesitate to change anything.

I doubt VERY SERIOUSLY any Dealership is going to re-tune for free with their Financial situations. All are holding on by a Thread.
Kind of off Topic here.

Not to bash a company I worked for for 32 years (who were VERY GOOD to me over the years) but you are right - Their Flash/Tune SUCKED.

It was so bad on the Stage III they sent a Dealer Communications just to use the Stage-II, which wasn't much better. There has been so many changes and people are literally "Job Scared" they hesitate to change anything.

I have many friends I still talk with. A Guy I know in charge of a Department used to say it was the Best Job in the world. He told me a year ago "I don't know Tom, I'm very concerned I'm going to loose my Job shortly".

Literally I know Dealerships who are buying off Amazon and eBay to try their best to make ends meet. Very sad time for the Dealers.

Tom

HV

So your referring to tuning with the Street tuner ?   If there are red cells they will be changed to more wide of a range ? ( Fewer Red Cells ) 
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

VernDiesel

Is this going to allow 128/131 kits to become available for softails?  Perhaps requiring the bike to be dyno tuned using SE-PST with the latest update of auto tune to meet EPA and per H-D warranty requirements.

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Quote from: HV on April 17, 2020, 05:22:25 AM
So your referring to tuning with the Street tuner ?   If there are red cells they will be changed to more wide of a range ? ( Fewer Red Cells )

Not for the end user. Only when Tuning attached to DT-II

BTW: The Updates have been pushed, everyone with a DT-II (every dealership) should have it as of Monday. Although, not many Service Departments are working with more than two people.
Tom

HV

April 18, 2020, 07:15:38 AM #7 Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 08:01:02 AM by HV
Ill have to look through it when im back to work....what section would this be in  ( Calibration update section )  ? I can always check the update whats new section I guess on the DT 11   
Skype HV.HTT

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Quote from: HV on April 18, 2020, 07:15:38 AM
Ill have to look through it when im back to work....what section would this be in  ( Calibration update section )  ? I can always check the update whats new section I guess on the DT 11

Here is how it works.

As you know if you've tuned H-D uses lambda. The software has been limited to -.95 - If the SOFTWARE determine more fuel is required outside the .90 a Link is displayed and ask if you want to go outside the Perimeters. YOU have to select "YES/NO".

My question was, since we're logged on, is there any way "I" can be held responsible for tuning outside the Base. The response was "The Software is the Lawyer as it has been approved".

The Software when you select IIRC End-Session automatically updates the Vehicle Information to be withing standards. Every Bike we did we looked and none were flagged.

Also, if I understand correctly, which I may not, Approval for the Power-Vision has been approved for Service Tuning. This is a rumor I heard from a normally reliable source. *BUT* Yet to be "Confirmed".
Tom

HV

Quote from: Pirsch Fire Wagon on April 19, 2020, 06:42:32 AM
Quote from: HV on April 18, 2020, 07:15:38 AM

Here is how it works.

As you know if you've tuned H-D uses lambda. The software has been limited to -.95 - If the SOFTWARE determine more fuel is required outside the .90 a Link is displayed and ask if you want to go outside the Perimeters. YOU have to select "YES/NO".

My question was, since we're logged on, is there any way "I" can be held responsible for tuning outside the Base. The response was "The Software is the Lawyer as it has been approved".

The Software when you select IIRC End-Session automatically updates the Vehicle Information to be withing standards. Every Bike we did we looked and none were flagged.

Also, if I understand correctly, which I may not, Approval for the Power-Vision has been approved for Service Tuning. This is a rumor I heard from a normally reliable source. *BUT* Yet to be "Confirmed".

Using the Power-Vision would be great...  I still dont understand where in the DT Software you are finding the ability to re tune a Map ?
Skype HV.HTT

Ohio HD

Quote from: Pirsch Fire Wagon on April 08, 2020, 05:30:34 PM
Finally, some good news.

Since 2016 we have not been able to Tune very well because of the EPA. However, the latest up-date WILL  allow Tuners to add/subtract based on "Auto-Tune" to give a much better Tune.

Now, the Limit has been removed when the Tech clicks on the message out-of-range. But ONLY in Auto-Tune Selection.

AND, it will NOT void the Warranty! When the MAP is saved, the Computer logs the Vin as compliant.

A basic understanding is that the EPA now allows the Auto-Tune to adjust where necessary. It's approved by both EPA and EPA Compliance and therefore everything is A-0-K!

If you haven't gotten the up-date it should be out in a week or so – Dependent on this COVID-19 / We were a "Testing" Shop.

Interesting, do you have a screen shot we can see?

HV

April 22, 2020, 07:04:18 AM #11 Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 07:51:55 AM by HV
 :emoGroan:  I Must be getting slow in my old age... I still cant find any place in the DT-11  Software to do either a  "Auto-Tune"  or " Service Tune "   :nix:   BTW this is with the latest " Pushed Update " DIGITAL TECHNICIAN SOFTWARE V20.9
Skype HV.HTT

moose

is this what you mean

What's New in This Version of Screamin' Eagle Pro Street Tuner
Version 20.005

Version 20.005 Software is a 2020.5 Model Year update which includes the following:

Software Information Summary:
Description Version
Screamin' Eagle Pro Street Tuner Software Version 20.005
Vehicle Communication Interface Software Version 525

Software Enhancements:
Calibration fitment corrections for 2017 - 2020 Touring 128 and 131 Cubic Inch Stage 4 Kits.
Operating System:
Street Tuner software is approved for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 (32 and 64 bit) and Windows 10 (64 bit) system.
Check for Updates:
"Check for Updates" feature will automatically update versions 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 20 to version 20.005.

Version 20.004

Version 20.004 Software is a 2020.5 Model Year update which includes the following:

Software Information Summary:
Description Version
Screamin' Eagle Pro Street Tuner Software Version 20.004
Vehicle Communication Interface Software Version 525

Calibrations Added/Updated:

Year
Configuration           
New Calibration
2017 49 State Touring
128 Stage 4
A41000848

131 Stage 4
A41000845

2017 49 State Touring
Smart Tune Pro Automatic Tuning Module
128 Stage 4
A41W00848

131 Stage 4
A41W00845

2017 49 State Touring Twin Cooled
128 Stage 4
A41000846

131 Stage 4
A41000847

Moose aka Glenn-

HV

No Im referring to the Harley Dealer Tech software for the Digital Tech for Dealers  :up:
Skype HV.HTT

Ohio HD

Quote from: HV on April 22, 2020, 07:04:18 AM
:emoGroan:  I Must be getting slow in my old age... I still cant find any place in the DT-11  Software to do either a  "Auto-Tune"  or " Service Tune "   :nix:   BTW this is with the latest " Pushed Update " DIGITAL TECHNICIAN SOFTWARE V20.9

Well, if you don't have access to it Brian, I'd say it's pretty much a fairy tail. I've not heard about this anywhere else either.

Buglet

It might be for the beta testers or US dealers only as it has to deal with the EPA.

Ohio HD