April 25, 2024, 11:28:55 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TTS HELP

Started by Wookie3011, April 26, 2020, 01:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wookie3011

My setup 2016 FLSTFBS  117ci 58MMTB TTS150 came Vance and Hines 2.1 Pro Pipe
Using TTS to get a good tune till I get her on a dyno in the next month or so. I'm getting conflicting information. First TTS says set all tables to 14.6. They no longer use AFR and now Lambda. So according to the calc that's .995 is this correct still? Next PE tables to 13.5/ Accel tables to 0/ Decel Table To 0/ Closex Loop Bias is 640 for mileage? If I wanted great mileage I wouldnt have done the bike work. What's a number suggested for performance?/ Warm up enrichment to 0/ Adaptive Knock Retard To 0/ Disable knock Control in Tuning Constants/ My concerns are since the Direction still calls for AFR yetthe current Version uses Lambda that some of this information is outdated Is it?  Anyone know of a good trailer service in kansas to take a bike to a dyno if I can't get this? Thanks

Ohio HD

Coyote

And he's only 18 miles away from you. Doesn't get any better than that.

lonewolf

Have to agree. It's a new top end, break it in on the dyno. hopefully you also put in larger injectors.

Wookie3011

KiwiRob

Sounds like you are tring to set up the wrong map for the year bike you have. Google TTS for dummies, download and read it carefully. Update the software. Call TTS for a map number suggestion to start with. - Rob

mayor

Quote from: Wookie3011 on April 26, 2020, 01:04:56 PM
First TTS says set all tables to 14.6. They no longer use AFR and now Lambda. So according to the calc that's .995 is this correct still?
The 14.6 reference is only indicating a closed loop setting.  With a TTS calibration that has Lambda instead of AFR, you just need to select a Lambda setting that is bold in color in the lambda table. This is usually a value between 0.977-1.006 Lambda which translates to around 14.34-14.77 AFR.  For simple explanation purposes, just set your Lambda table to 0.981 Lambda (14.4 afr) from 20kPa-85kPa from 750 rpm to 5,000 rpm, and set the rest to 0.905. This will set your bike to run closed loop for data collection. 

Please keep in mind that v-tuning does not do a good job of filling in your whole VE table range.  In my experience, the vtune tuning method usually populates the VE tables lower in the heavier load ranges (runs leaner than desired in the 80 kPa and above).   The heavy throttle area VE tables (80+ kPa) still need to be done with an external afr meter.  This is where dyno tuning becomes very important, especially for a performance build that you intend to run hard.    Not to mention that vtuning only maps airflow.  Adjusting timing for max power is best done on a dyno. 

Next PE tables to 13.5/ Accel tables to 0/ Decel Table To 0/ Disable knock Control in Tuning Constants
For v-tuning, you have to turn the PE (power enrichment) function off.  Go to Table Selection, select ECM Tuning Constants, select PE Mode, then take the PE RPM setting to 6,000 rpm. This will ensure that the PE mode will not come on when collecting data.   

While in the Tuning Constants area, disable Knock Control System. 

You can now also set your PE mode to match your heavy throttle values (0.905) from 0 seconds to 12.4 seconds. You shouldn't have to do this, but I do just in case the PE ends up kicking on during tuning. 

AE and DE values should be set to 0.00.  This will makes sure that accel enrichment and decal enleanment doesn't come on when collecting data. 

Closed Loop Bias is 640 for mileage?
This doesn't apply to your bike.  Your Lambda table has a broader closed loop tuning range, so closed loop bias is no longer applicable.   If you want to run your bike richer or leaner in closed loop, then you can do that in the Lambda table (0.977-1.006). 

Please keep in mind that the above information only applies to vtuning data collection.  All of this needs to be reversed when you go back to a non-tuning calibration once you have your VE tables dialed in. 

Quote from: Wookie3011 on April 26, 2020, 01:04:56 PMAnyone know of a good trailer service in Kansas to take a bike to a dyno if I can't get this?
as others mentioned, Joe at http://www.powerhousecd.com/
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions