April 26, 2024, 10:27:46 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Need some help.

Started by Mdanehart, May 08, 2020, 01:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mdanehart

May 08, 2020, 01:55:16 PM Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 02:00:07 PM by Mdanehart
I have a 2013 FLRX with S&S 124 and Procharger controlled via Thundermax.
The machine ran freaking awesome until today! Would not start, everything turns on, lights, instruments lights and fuel pump winds up.
i checked all fuses, ok, battery ok, fob battery ok, relays ok, i get spark, Thundermax code shows Low ACR.

BUT when I spray starting fluid in the rear cyclinder the bike fires up! But when I shut down it requires starting fluid again.
What is the next step?
Thanks

rigidthumper

Sometimes the check valve retaining balls dig into the fuel rail chrome cover enough to reduce fuel flow- try pushing up on the fuel rail where it goes into the check valve, at the tank outlet, and rotate the chrome cover 1/8 turn, then try again. 
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Mdanehart

Thanks,
I give that a try in the morning. Running out of options.  Trying to secure a fuel pressure gauge to check the pressure. Since the engine runs after the squirt of starting fluid would that resolve the fuel pump working ??

Mdanehart

Fuel pressure indicated 60 PSI.
Leaning toward Thundermax issue.

jmorton10

Give them a call, their tech support is awesome (at least it was a few years ago)

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

Mdanehart

All good. After all the troubleshooting the problem was a glitch in the software of the Thundermax. Thanks...