May 03, 2024, 08:51:00 AM

News:

2in1 questions

Started by txtech, November 12, 2008, 03:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

txtech

i have a 06 fxd,95 with s.e.204s,2.0 rush slipons. i want to buy a 2in1,has anybody tried the cobra or the python??? i dont like the looks of thunderheader or the cost of rinehart,looking at some of the less expensive 2in1s, making 90hp 95 trq with the rush dont want to lose any power.

maineultraclassic

D&D Fatcat?

They are very well known to be great performers, top notch quality, and great sound.

Steve
2005 Ultra Classic
95" Powered by Big Boyz,Woods,Doherty,TTS,Fatcat,Hillside TB

txtech

what about vance and hines propipe or big radius???

dohmixer

I have a 2000 Dyna Wide Glide with V&H 2-1 pro pipe which I’m satisfied with. This site has a few exhaust systems you can compare. http://www.motorcycleproshop.com/
2000 Dyna Wide Glide     Union Baker BCTGM Local#85

roadglide65

The 2 I have tried are the Supper Trapp and the D&D, My choice would be the D&D :wink:

txtech

python looks like a d&d  only 494.00 in j&p cat. anybody know anything about them??

blk-betty

And just to confuse you, the 2 I have tried are the Supper Trapp and the D&D, My choice would be the Supertrapp.

Can't say much about the performance aspect, the D&D Fatcat made great numbers on my 95" softail but it was just too loud.  I sold that bike and replaced it with a Street Glide, just a Stage I 88".  Was running V&H True Duals with Cycle Shack slip-ons and recently went with a Supertrapp 2-1.  I like the sound or lack of noise with the Supertrapp a lot better.  That said, I never tried the quiet baffle with the D&D, that would be the only way I would consider the D&D again.  When I ride it's usually a minimum of 100 miles so for me the quieter pipe is my choice.

Either one is an excellent system.
Mark  '12 Road Glide Custom
Coastal SC

Tattoo

I have tried them all over the years, right now on my bagger Im using the supertrapp and love it.
"You can have anything you want
But you better not take it from me"

blk-betty

If price is a big consideration and you like the Supertrapp, look at the Kerker 2-1.  It is the exact same pipe as the Supertrapp Supermeg except it isn't adjustable for your build like the Supermeg, another reason I like it better than the D&D.
Coastal SC

txtech

who has the best price on supertrap??

Faast Ed

That said, I never tried the quiet baffle with the D&D, that would be the only way I would consider the D&D again.

The Fatcat quiet baffle is not so quiet. Depends on your taste if you'd like it or not.
Myself, I am used to loud pipes and kind of like them. Recently went to the Fatcat quiet baffle and it suits me real well. Cruise speeds are way quieter than I was used to, but still kind of loud cruising the neighborhood.

Not at all familiar whith how quiet you are looking for.
≡Faast Ed>

BONERACIN

I Have a  Vance Hines straight shot on my bike (04 Dyna) but i did get the chance to try a Supertrapp. At first i was unsure about the Trapp because i was used to the loud noise and it was in my mind that i wasn't going fast unless i was making alot of noise. The first time i was riding with the guys with the Trapp i relized that my bike was running alot better and was pulling way harder with the Trapp verse the straight shots. So, IMO the Supertrapp is a good pipe.
Boneracin
"Uncle Sam made me cut off my mullet"

maineultraclassic

It's called a quiet baffle because it's more quiet then the standard baffle.

It's not called a quiet baffle because it's as quiet as a stock system.

Tests were done that showed the quiet baffle to produce slightly better numbers then the standard baffle, that was on a 98" motor.

Steve
2005 Ultra Classic
95" Powered by Big Boyz,Woods,Doherty,TTS,Fatcat,Hillside TB

June2017

Rineharts have a Quality control issue with their end caps turning purple.  Not all of them do it, but they still do and Rinehart will NOT replace them.  Buy from someone else.

DONT BUY RINEHARTS !!     

txtech

wheres the best price for the d&d at??

roadglide65

I got mine from ams. At the time they had the best price I could find.

http://www.automotivemachine.com/

Valley

November 12, 2008, 06:49:55 PM #16 Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 06:52:06 PM by VALLEYRACING
This test shows the differance between a pro pipe and a fatcat.also tried a 50m se body.
06 107" STG 1 HEADS ,585G,
RUN 41 TOP LINE  PRO PIPE WITH SE 50MM TB
RUN 34 2ND LINE PRO PIPE STOCK TB
RUN 52 3RD LINE D&D  WITH SE 50MM TB
RUN 26 4TH D&D WITH STOCK TB
The pro pipe helped the mid,and the tb helped both pipes up top.
just a quick test, same day, ruff tune :teeth:

cpiccarr

Quote from: txtech on November 12, 2008, 03:55:28 PM
i have a 06 fxd,95 with s.e.204s,2.0 rush slipons. i want to buy a 2in1,has anybody tried the cobra or the python??? i dont like the looks of thunderheader or the cost of rinehart,looking at some of the less expensive 2in1s, making 90hp 95 trq with the rush dont want to lose any power.
I run a White Brothers E Series on a 00 Softail 95 Headquarters high comp kit. The dyno guys that have dynoed my bike say a big part of the curve I get is due to the pipe. Supertrapp would be ditto to that statement. Both those pipes put your torque in the rideable range, If you are looking for big numbers HP I am sure there are better top end performers. I am getting 98hp/108 tq stock CV carb 50mpg. We could do better but dyno tweaking cost money and I am happy for now. More displacement maybe down the road.

Valley

Quote from: 05FLHTC on November 12, 2008, 06:52:37 PM
Hey that my Propipe  :smilep:
ya you know ,"not responsible for anything left more then 30 days" :wink: :teeth:

Sailor285

I've had the fatcat with performance baffle, thunderheader, and supertrapp super meg on my 04 heritage.
95" cometic 030..SE heads..Andrews 44 cams...
The thunder header and fact cat performed well( did the baffle mod on thunderheader to take dip out..) Both pipes were too loud for the build...wanted something quieter but never wanted a supertrapp as they were to quiet ..then I heard one with an open end cap..so I got one...The difference in performance was real noticable after I go the right amount of discs..It's worth the money!!!!The sound with open end cap is acceptable to me ...It's not the best for my tastes BUT the performance difference is that much! Supertrapp Supermeg or if you can find a white bros E pipe! which are near impossible to find so go with Supertrapp...you won't be disappointed...

Dan

blk-betty

Just an FYI - American Classic Motors has an ad on Ebay for a new Supertrapp 2-1 for 06-09 Dynas at $488.95 with free shipping.

The picture with the ad is a cut and paste and look like the non-tuneable Kerker version but the part number in the ad is the same as the part number on the Supertrapp website for the tuneable Supermeg version.

That is a great price for that pipe as long as it is the tuneable version as the part number implies.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-SUPERTRAPP-2-INTO-1-EXHAUST-2006-2009-HARLEY-DYNA_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem350122872844QQitemZ350122872844QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Coastal SC

budzilla

Quote from: cpiccarr on November 12, 2008, 07:19:08 PM
Quote from: txtech on November 12, 2008, 03:55:28 PM
I run a White Brothers E Series on a 00 Softail 95 Headquarters high comp kit. The dyno guys that have dynoed my bike say a big part of the curve I get is due to the pipe. Supertrapp would be ditto to that statement. Both those pipes put your torque in the rideable range, If you are looking for big numbers HP I am sure there are better top end performers. I am getting 98hp/108 tq stock CV carb 50mpg. We could do better but dyno tweaking cost money and I am happy for now. More displacement maybe down the road.

I'll vouch for that.  Only problem is the E Series pipe is no longer available.  Has anyone done a comparison of the E Series to the Supertrapp or Kerker 2-into-1's? 

txtech

what about the python and cobra pipes??  i havent heard anything about them .they look good and are resonably priced .

roadglide65

Quote from: txtech on November 13, 2008, 03:56:11 PM
  i havent heard anything about them .

Not trying to be a smart @ss....... But there is probably a very good reason for that.

Faast Ed

November 13, 2008, 04:10:15 PM #24 Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 04:14:28 PM by Faast Ed
Thanks Brian, for the comparison.

I suspect the propipe has a lil more restriction, considering the behavior in the mid ranges.  Don't seem to have hurt the top end.

Propipe seems the better pipe for that cam.
Too bad it's so ugly! LOL  (Sorry Steve, and others who run them.)
≡Faast Ed>

skyhook

if'n ya want cheap, pro pipe hs with baffle mods is good value...need to add o2 eliminators or bungs though...gimme a roadrage or supertrapp or boarzilla, depending on noise vs horsepower needs, those 3 are definitely tops imo
always seem to get their azz wet?

mayor

Quote from: blk-betty on November 13, 2008, 01:36:11 PM
Just an FYI - American Classic Motors has an ad on Ebay for a new Supertrapp 2-1 for 06-09 Dynas at $488.95 with free shipping.

The picture with the ad is a cut and paste and look like the non-tuneable Kerker version but the part number in the ad is the same as the part number on the Supertrapp website for the tuneable Supermeg version.

That is a great price for that pipe as long as it is the tuneable version as the part number implies.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-SUPERTRAPP-2-INTO-1-EXHAUST-2006-2009-HARLEY-DYNA_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem350122872844QQitemZ350122872844QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

did you see the buy it now price?  $4,889.99!  wonder if they throw in half a bike to go with that.   :crook:
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

txtech

i orderd a v&h propipe bp from dennis kirk for 468.00. it has o2 bungs,removable baffles,looks better than my rush slipons just hope it doesnt cost me h.p.

skyhook

always seem to get their azz wet?

txtech

dosent bp stand for big power???

Valley

blk-betty

Mayor - I saw the Buy it Now price and had to assume it's a typo, they are selling the softail version for $499.95 Buy it Now with the same initial opening bid so I think the $4888.95 is just an error.  I've delt with them in the past and have been more than satisfied.

RE:  Propipe BP - no personal experience but I had read on the old HTT site that the baffle or something within the collector was changed on the BP version and the new BP version doesn't produce near the performance as the original Pro-Pipe or Pro-pipe HS.  Maybe others with experience will chime in.
Coastal SC

aquaman

The megaphone was changed on the BP and is not the same as HS and previous.  It is true that the performance suffered as a result of the change.
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie' until you find a rock.
Will Rogers

Faast Ed

QuoteIt is true that the performance suffered as a result of the change.

I bet they are just lovin' the free internet "word of mouth". LOL  Darn shame they had to ruin the pipe. 
≡Faast Ed>

topcat3815

03deuce

txtech,
I think you'll like the pro-pipe.  I'm running the pro-pipe bp on my 08 Roadglide.  It looks, sounds and performs well.  The dyno chart above describes the pipe well, in my opinion, good mid-range torque.  Where I do the majority of my riding. 
I also run a supertrapp, (open end cap), on my 03 deuce, 95BB, 204 cams, PCIIIr.  It is more quiet than the pro-pipe and performs well.  As others have said, if you want a good performing quieter pipe the supertrapp is hard to bet.  If you want to be heard more in traffic, and have a good performing exhaust the pro-pipe will fit the bill as well.

Have not tried the D&D fatcat, yet!  :wink:   

Scurvy

I have the pro pipe, and really like it on my softail but the darn thing drags when I make hard right-hand turns. There is a ton of room to move it up and in, but I guess it's so the heritages have clearance as well as the standards. So anyways when I was researching pipes, mandmcycles had the black ceramic coated supertrapp for $515 beginning of summer. Was just out of my price range.
'05 FXST, '10 FLHTP, '77 FXE
Clinton, MT

Reddog74usa

Bassani Road Rage on my 02 FXDL great power, sound and it dosen't drag in the turns.

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

txtech

will the propipe bp outperform the rush slipons??will it needto be retuned??

Faast Ed

≡Faast Ed>

txtech

how much and where??  midrange ,lowend,upper???

coojoh

I put a Python 2 into 1 on my 88 softie a couple of years ago and have been really impressed. Finish was great and the install extremly simple. Have not checked HP but usually riding 2 up in the mountains and noticed the increase in power. The price is right too.

txtech

already bought the propipe bp,be here tues.

Faast Ed

Please let us know how it works out for ya.
≡Faast Ed>