May 03, 2024, 08:56:02 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2in1 questions

Started by txtech, November 12, 2008, 03:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skyhook

if'n ya want cheap, pro pipe hs with baffle mods is good value...need to add o2 eliminators or bungs though...gimme a roadrage or supertrapp or boarzilla, depending on noise vs horsepower needs, those 3 are definitely tops imo
always seem to get their azz wet?

mayor

Quote from: blk-betty on November 13, 2008, 01:36:11 PM
Just an FYI - American Classic Motors has an ad on Ebay for a new Supertrapp 2-1 for 06-09 Dynas at $488.95 with free shipping.

The picture with the ad is a cut and paste and look like the non-tuneable Kerker version but the part number in the ad is the same as the part number on the Supertrapp website for the tuneable Supermeg version.

That is a great price for that pipe as long as it is the tuneable version as the part number implies.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-SUPERTRAPP-2-INTO-1-EXHAUST-2006-2009-HARLEY-DYNA_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem350122872844QQitemZ350122872844QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

did you see the buy it now price?  $4,889.99!  wonder if they throw in half a bike to go with that.   :crook:
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

txtech

i orderd a v&h propipe bp from dennis kirk for 468.00. it has o2 bungs,removable baffles,looks better than my rush slipons just hope it doesnt cost me h.p.

skyhook

always seem to get their azz wet?

txtech

dosent bp stand for big power???

Valley

blk-betty

Mayor - I saw the Buy it Now price and had to assume it's a typo, they are selling the softail version for $499.95 Buy it Now with the same initial opening bid so I think the $4888.95 is just an error.  I've delt with them in the past and have been more than satisfied.

RE:  Propipe BP - no personal experience but I had read on the old HTT site that the baffle or something within the collector was changed on the BP version and the new BP version doesn't produce near the performance as the original Pro-Pipe or Pro-pipe HS.  Maybe others with experience will chime in.
Mark  '12 Road Glide Custom
Coastal SC

aquaman

The megaphone was changed on the BP and is not the same as HS and previous.  It is true that the performance suffered as a result of the change.
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie' until you find a rock.
Will Rogers

Faast Ed

QuoteIt is true that the performance suffered as a result of the change.

I bet they are just lovin' the free internet "word of mouth". LOL  Darn shame they had to ruin the pipe. 
≡Faast Ed>

topcat3815

03deuce

txtech,
I think you'll like the pro-pipe.  I'm running the pro-pipe bp on my 08 Roadglide.  It looks, sounds and performs well.  The dyno chart above describes the pipe well, in my opinion, good mid-range torque.  Where I do the majority of my riding. 
I also run a supertrapp, (open end cap), on my 03 deuce, 95BB, 204 cams, PCIIIr.  It is more quiet than the pro-pipe and performs well.  As others have said, if you want a good performing quieter pipe the supertrapp is hard to bet.  If you want to be heard more in traffic, and have a good performing exhaust the pro-pipe will fit the bill as well.

Have not tried the D&D fatcat, yet!  :wink:   

Scurvy

I have the pro pipe, and really like it on my softail but the darn thing drags when I make hard right-hand turns. There is a ton of room to move it up and in, but I guess it's so the heritages have clearance as well as the standards. So anyways when I was researching pipes, mandmcycles had the black ceramic coated supertrapp for $515 beginning of summer. Was just out of my price range.
'05 FXST, '10 FLHTP, '77 FXE
Clinton, MT

Reddog74usa

Bassani Road Rage on my 02 FXDL great power, sound and it dosen't drag in the turns.

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

txtech

will the propipe bp outperform the rush slipons??will it needto be retuned??

Faast Ed

≡Faast Ed>

txtech

how much and where??  midrange ,lowend,upper???

coojoh

I put a Python 2 into 1 on my 88 softie a couple of years ago and have been really impressed. Finish was great and the install extremly simple. Have not checked HP but usually riding 2 up in the mountains and noticed the increase in power. The price is right too.

txtech

already bought the propipe bp,be here tues.

Faast Ed

Please let us know how it works out for ya.
≡Faast Ed>