May 03, 2024, 11:41:15 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

CCP and Intake Closing Relationship

Started by Gulfstream, November 12, 2008, 03:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gulfstream

I see that some people relate their CCP with their intake closing spec, IE. 195ccp at 46 degree closing. My question, does the acceptable CCP range change with varying degrees of intake closings? For the sake of argument lets say that 200 ccp is the max for a stock cam with a 34 degree intake closing without pinging...would that figure shift higher with a longer cam, to say 215 ccp, both with spot on tunes?

mayor

this is a good question.  Unfortunately, there's no definitive answer since everything is based on opinion.  Some will suggest that 185# should be a target regardless of cam, while others will tell you that 200# is good if the bike is "spot on" tuned.   
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Admiral Akbar

I would say 190 for a heavy bike and 200-210 for a light bike.. If you need to ride with the occasional bad gas. Drop each 10 psi.. There are also way more issues that come into play like exhaust and tune. Shorter cams (ones with less than 240 degrees duration, earlier than 40 deg intake close) might want to run a little less compression just to be on the safe side.. Also overlap does have a beneficial effect on ping but more by contaminating the intake charge.. Max

lasmittys1

IMO, CCP should only be used to check one cylinder to another. There are to many things that can change CCP.