April 28, 2024, 01:17:18 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

SEERT MAP FOR 08 ULTRA WITH 211 CAMS AND 103CI

Started by burgies08ultra, November 12, 2008, 04:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burgies08ultra

GOT THE 103 AND 211 CAMS WITH SERT AND 2.0 RUSH TRUE DUALS
NEED A GOOD MAP FOR THE 08 ULTRA WITH THIS CONFIGURATION..
ANY HELP OUT THERE???
SURE APPRECIATE IT
THANKS
BURGIE
2013 road glide,2009 road king

FLTRI

Burgie,
You may have a hard time finding a "good" map for this build as it is not popular for these 07-up bikes. The 211 cams are bit much for such a tall-geared, low compression, heavy bike.
Also, tru-duals hurt bottom end/midrange torque, so you will have to use higher rpms to make the tugboat move.

Also, the SE211 cams are unique in their design, so you must use a map specifically for these cams. There are no "canned" maps for these cams.

You might find the cams you took out will be better for your application, or better yet, Wood TW6's.

OR you could change the gear ratio to increse rpms so the engine operates in its sweet zone rather than way below it.

Hope this helps,
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

burgies08ultra

well i am hoping with the 10-1 pistons that it will perk it up..
it was running good without the 103,,
will see
thanks
burgie
i guess i will try the map with the 255 cams in it to see if it will run good enough
till i can play with it or get some good advice from other hd techs
burgie

FLTRI

I can tell you with experience the SE255s mapping will not be close enough to ride the bike without huge lean spots causing hessitation and excessive heat.
The reason for this is because the SE211s needs a bunch more fuel in places where the SE255 cams don't.
There is no SERT map that is even close enough to use, but we all have to find out for ourselves, just don't be dissappointed, get it properly tuned.

burgies08ultra

well i got the bike back from the dealer and they said they used the 200uh tuning file and made a few adjustments to the fuel and ve tables... will see how it runs after i get a decent day to run it...
thanks for the reponses, still looking for a map if anyone has one close...
thanks
burgie

ViennaHog

What SERT are you using? The software level 200 is outdated, current version is 205 and available only through the SE Supertuner or the new TTS MasterTune. I would not run a 200 base map on a 08.

burgies08ultra

the dealer installed 200uh file and changed some ve settings and a/f settings.
said it should run pretty good... i have not ridden it yet so i cannot tell ya...
i have ver 4.77 sert and that is the latest map available.. unless i can get one from someone that is
closer to what i have...  not going to go out and buy a tts to get a newer map.. which i doubt has the
correct setting for the 211 cams or am i mistaken???
thanks
burgie

FLTRI

"newer map.. which i doubt has the correct setting for the 211 cams or am i mistaken???"

From my earlier post:
"Also, the SE211 cams are unique in their design, so you must use a map specifically for these cams. There are no "canned" maps for these cams."

Tre_11 FLHX

I am doing a similiar set up and will rely on my TTS mastertune to get me by until I can get to a tuner.  This product is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

FLTRI

Quote from: mzodarg on November 20, 2008, 04:45:52 PM
I am doing a similiar set up and will rely on my TTS mastertune to get me by until I can get to a tuner.  This product is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
I agree the product is excellent, however it cannot tune your bike for you. With an onboard PC, it can gather data and modify your map file but you must be proactive and spend the time to get the remapping correct by riding the bike in all different conditions (rpms, throttle positions, etc) to cover the map. Covering the map is spending enough time in each cell for the program to identify the AFR and make changes. The cell will turn to green when enough time has been spent there, then move to the next area.
If you are looking for something to do with your free time and really like the idea of learning and reprogramming your Delphi EFI for changes you've made, this can be the ticket because you can be successful.
A trip to the dyno for a pull or 2 after you're done would be nice too. :smilep:
Bob

burgies08ultra

can u put  the tts mastertune on a bike that already has the sert???
thanks
burgie

FLTRI

Quote from: burgies08ultra on November 20, 2008, 05:49:47 PM
can u put  the tts mastertune on a bike that already has the sert???
thanks
burgie

Yes a SERT calibration file will be overwritten by Mastertune with either a SERT map (.MT6) or Mastertune map (.MT7).

burgies08ultra

too bad there is no map for the 211 cams in either sert or mastertune....
need something to get a good start tuning...
burgie

Don D

Why not use a stage 2 map for the 103" and raise the constants a little until a data run shows the corrections not too extreme?

burgies08ultra

i think that is what the hd shop did, they used map 200uh and made a few adjustments to it??/
thanks
burgie

FLTRI

Quote from: Deweysheads on November 21, 2008, 09:37:26 PM
Why not use a stage 2 map for the 103" and raise the constants a little until a data run shows the corrections not too extreme?
Don and all,
The problem with HDs canned maps when trying to use one for a SE211 cam is it has a very unique fuel requirements compared the canned map cams (203, 251, 257, etc) so there are big holes of overly lean and rich cells that need specific attention.
Bob

burgies08ultra

thats what i keep hearing , but no one seems to be willing to help with specifics or general maps for this cam..
burgie