April 26, 2024, 06:02:31 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

handlebars

Started by roadkingdresser, July 04, 2020, 03:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadkingdresser

Friends got a 2011  FXS BLACKLINE, wants to put different bars on it, set of apes,it has the speedo mounted to the center of the triple trees.Anybody got any ideas what type he could use without remounting the speedo? Any pictures? Thanks
roadkingdresser

Appowner

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Blackline use a handle bar that is in two separate pieces?  A left and a right piece?  And they plug/bolt into a socket in the top tree?

If so then my recommendation would be to contact the handle bar manufacturers directly.  Might have to be a special order type of thing and first you'll have to find a manufacturer that will make it.  For a reasonable price!  I doubt you'll readily find what you're looking for at JP Cycles or any of the other parts stores.

roadkingdresser

yes you're correct, but someone out there has worked around all that. i'm sure somebody has changed theirs,or for someone.
roadkingdresser

PoorUB

July 04, 2020, 07:17:09 AM #3 Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 07:27:49 AM by PoorUB
Someone makes a two piece handle bar in a ape. No clue who, but I have seen them. Try Todd's cycle.

Also, couldn't you find a riser that bolts into the two holes the handlebars go into, then use a standard one piece ape?

Scratch that, not wit the speedo in the top triple tree.

How about this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmjs574n3e4

john@hardtailchoppers.com will custom build bars to fit the stock mounting, price is not too bad either.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Jaystn62

You might try KST Kustoms. They used to advertise bars for odd ball applications for certain softails and sportsters.

roadkingdresser

thanks PoorUB I think that's what he's looking for.
roadkingdresser