May 04, 2024, 04:22:10 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Harley Alarm system settings

Started by Mix01FLHT, November 12, 2008, 04:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mix01FLHT

Anybody know how to set the auto arming function on the factory Harley alarm system?

:smiled:
01FLHT/95/HTCCcnc/.03hg/S&S585/mik48/THeadhybred/SErollerrockers/chainfinaldrive

ThumperDeuce

1)  turn ign key on-off-on-off-on
2)  press left turn switch 2 times and release               turn signals will flash twice for us, three times international
3)  press and hold key fob until confirmation                 turn signal will flash once
4)  press and hold key fob until confirmation                 turn signal will flash twice
5)  press left turn switch 1 time and release                 turn signal will flash to show option selected
                                                                                  once for auto-arming disabled, twice for enabled
6)  press and release left turn switch to advance
     through the options:                                            turn signal will flash to show the new option selected
                                                                                   once for auto-arming disabled, twice for enabled
7)  turn ign key off.
Idiots are fun, no wonder every village wants one.

HDRDKG

Anyone have the instructions to disarm the auto-alarm? Dealership say only they can reset the system....

Mix01FLHT

01FLHT/95/HTCCcnc/.03hg/S&S585/mik48/THeadhybred/SErollerrockers/chainfinaldrive

Mix01FLHT

Thanks ThumperDeuce.  Worked like a champ.

:beer:

HDRDKG

jrflhr

I have an 04 and it tells you how in the owners manual.You can make your own code to disarm with turn signals instead of fob.

HDRDKG

Yes, I have put in my own code. The owners manuel does not give instructions on how to disarm the auto arming, only how to set it. I called the dealer, they were no help. Wanted me to bring it in to disarm the auto arming. Thanks. 

Mix01FLHT

Did you try following the directions for turning it on?  The directions supplied earlier to me are for turning on or off.

HDRDKG

No, I haven't, but I will. Thanks again for your help....