April 28, 2024, 02:39:05 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2005 Heritage Cutting out @ 60 MPH

Started by Tynker, July 12, 2020, 11:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynker

I cannot find it. I removed the battery, and fuse panel,also removed the ECM, and the plastic it is mounted to,still no breaker.
Earl "Tynker" Riviere

Coyote

You have to take the rear wheel off and the splash guard.

This is the view from the rear of the bike. Drive belt is on the left. The main breaker is at the top (2).

[attach=0,msg1357053]

BKACHE

If you take the rear tire off, look and see if the tire is rubbing thru the insulation on one of the directional/rear brake lights.
This was an off and on circuit breaker tripper till the wire finally burned up and a riding buddy said I had no brake light.
"It is always something. If its not one thing it is another." -R Rosanadana

Dan

Tynker

I finally found it. It was hidden under the battery and fuse tray, Had to remove a lot of stuff to get to it. Replaced it with a 40 amp. Still no change. New coil ordered, and should be here at the end of the week.
Earl "Tynker" Riviere

Coyote

Not suprising.  Your description didn't match a bad breaker IME. More a touring bike issue too.

barny7655

If your thinking it electrical ,  swap out the leads,and plugs,  with another known good set ,may be coil as well ,check the connectors on coil,do the wiggle test at fuse box and battery cables etc , while bike running ,some thing to do , cost nothing if you have a friend with same bike or parts , cheers
riding since 62, BSA bantum the first bike

Tynker

Well thanks for all the help on this. It turns out that the coil was bad. Replaced it with a new one, and it was fixed. Thanks to all who helped !!!!
Earl "Tynker" Riviere