April 26, 2024, 01:35:12 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

intermittent code P0261 on 2011 FXDC with TTS

Started by cdvreede, September 07, 2020, 05:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdvreede

running a stage 1 FXDC, nothing special, air cleaner and 2-1 Supertrapp - tuned with a TTS. Running fine. recently I noticed that sometimes the bike would hesitate - just a fraction of a second but noticeable. Today the bike dies on me - engine died. pulled over, switched ignition off and on and it fired up again - but engine light on. Checked for codes - sure P0261 present. Cleared code and kept on going - did 350 kays or so, never missed a beat.

Any ideas on what might be happening here?? Would hate to get stranded - that would make me wish even more that I had kept my '96 FXD with a simple Mikuni..

thnx

rigidthumper

Pin 21 from the ECM is directly connected to the front injector, so that's the only wire I'd check. I have seen corroded fuse and system relay contacts that set this and other codes- pull the old relay out and wire brush the contacts, place some electrical contact grease in the sockets, and replace. (and keep a spare system relay handy- 31522-00D)
I'd also pull and brush all fuses/relays, and apply contact grease, because that helps prevent further issues.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

omega1