April 26, 2024, 03:28:18 PM

News:

2007 road king stumbles at take off

Started by snowangel, September 08, 2020, 09:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowangel

2007 ROAD King stumbles at take off . Idle seems ok, runs down the road fine. No codes showing. Replaced idle air control, made no difference. Have to bring rpms up to 1200-1500 to take off . Spark plugs looked the same, don't find a intake leak.
Anyone else ever run into this?

Big Cahuna

Does the bike get ridden much? If not, I'd put some fuel injector cleaner in the tank, top it off with fresh gas and run the tank out. A good highway run will blow out any sludge building up in the injectors. That would be my first thing to try over replacing parts.,,

Pirsch Fire Wagon

The Idle Fuel is separate from the Off Idle fuel. Q: Is there ever ant coughing back through the IAC when this occurs?

Do a "hard Re-Set" on the AIC following replacement
TGS Signaling? (if equipped)
Fuel Pressure - Static and under Load?
MAP PID Display reading?
Fuel Desired vs Fuel Delivery?
Coil Resistance?
Primary and Secondary Ignition
Injector Pulse Width and Signal Wires
E.C.M. Connections

Tom

snowangel

Bike is ridden almost daily. 155,000 on it
What is a hard reset on the IAC ?

snowangel

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Quote from: snowangel on September 10, 2020, 03:18:33 AM
Bike is ridden almost daily. 155,000 on it
What is a hard reset on the IAC ?

A Hard Reset for the AIC is a Service Bulletin resolution to an ongoing issue with the TBW Motorcycles.

With Switch in the ON (start Position)

Turn Master Switch to ON
Turn Master Switch OFF (wait 10 - 15 seconds)

repeat four consecutive times. You should hear the Stepper Motor Cycle and return to "Set Position".
Tom

snowangel

Cable operated throttle 2007
IAC seems to be functioning
Under load at low rpms is the only issue.

biggzed

Have you cleaned the IAC? Spray cleaner up there while cycling the ignition. I usually stuff some paper towels in the throttle body while doing it. Spray until clean.

Zach

Quote from: snowangel on September 10, 2020, 10:01:39 AM
Cable operated throttle 2007
IAC seems to be functioning
Under load at low rpms is the only issue.

jty

Had the same in my 2008. It was the fuel line. The small ball in the tank valve dig small holes and start to block fuel. Try turning the fuel line 45 degrees and zip tie it. If helps, replace fuel line and the tank valve.
You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists office

snowangel

Update
Found bare wires running to the front cylinder autotune sensor ( Power Commander 5). What threw me off was the autotune was still reading
A.F.R. and trims were still showing. Remapped with help from Power Commander and all good now.
I can't say enough about their product support

sfmichael

Colorado Springs, CO.