April 26, 2024, 10:11:06 PM

News:

Can HD Discover T-Max Was Used?

Started by Nastytls, September 20, 2020, 06:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nastytls

Like the title states, if you were to install a T-Max in a new 2020, would HD be able to discover this, or is it only if you flash the stock ECU they can see it? Also, will the T-Max eliminate the RDRS crap?

Pirsch Fire Wagon

If you leave it on when it's in the Shop - Yes

If you remove it and replace with you compliant ECM - No
Tom

fbn ent

They might notice the 18mm 02 sensors though. I'm not sure if the new HD sensors are 18s or not. If so, nevermind  :crook:
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

HogMike

DT will flag anything other than the stock ecm on the bike. Best to leave the stock ecm when you take it in. Seems the tech will plug it in every time!

It will show any Harley stage kits etc. on the stock ecm. Harley will keep a history every time they plug it in.

If you use something like TTS and revert back to stock it won't show. But you have to revert back to oem.

Personal experience.
:emoGroan: :potstir:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

turboprop

Quote from: Nastytls on September 20, 2020, 06:44:40 AM
Like the title states, if you were to install a T-Max in a new 2020, would HD be able to discover this, or is it only if you flash the stock ECU they can see it? Also, will the T-Max eliminate the RDRS crap?

No way for Harley DT tell if the oem module was ever swapped out with a Thundermax as long as the oem module is put back in before DT is connected. 
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

HV

As long as the OEM Module is put back in NO it cant tell.... The DT Can however give you the Date ANY Flash or Reflash has been done to the OEM unit no matter what it is...Including the re install of the TTS OEM Tune
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

Coyote

Quote from: HogMike on September 20, 2020, 08:31:54 AM

If you use something like TTS and revert back to stock it won't show. But you have to revert back to oem.

You should ask Cole to put that in writing.   :potstir:

Quote from: fbn ent on September 20, 2020, 08:30:32 AM
They might notice the 18mm 02 sensors though. I'm not sure if the new HD sensors are 18s or not. If so, nevermind  :crook:

:up:

Nastytls

OK, sounds good, thank you. Wasn't sure if there was a way they could tell the factory box had been removed or not.

I assume that RDRS is tied in to the HD's ECM and T-Max will eliminate it.

tomcat64

we had a 2018 that was PV tuned, and "put back to stock" as soon as we hooked up the DT, VIN flagged!  To be fair, a friend of mine at the MOCO told me HD could see this..

Buglet

Will the mileage from the speedo to the ECM show different. and install time show up. It does on a BMW.

Coyote

Quote from: Buglet on September 21, 2020, 07:30:17 AM
  Will the mileage from the speedo to the ECM show different. and install time show up. It does on a BMW.

That's a good question.

HV

Install Time and Date last flashed will....Millage....not sure...Ill screen shot a data page next time im doing one... BTW...the Factory can see things a dealer cant
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

Coyote

Quote from: HV on September 21, 2020, 04:15:21 PM

BTW...the Factory can see things a dealer cant

I'd bet money on that.  :teeth:

CndUltra88

So, in 2017 I bought my 2011 fuggly with 41000miles on the speedo.
Bike was a US import.
Deal was to install an KMH speedo and the mileage converted to kilometres.
Was told it would be two three weeks max.
7.5 weeks later I get a phone call speedo is in and we have a slot open asap...
Mother Harley had information of 41,000 miles and pre-converted the imperial to metric.
Service manager was confused because DT told him bike had more miles than my speedo was
pre-programed for...wasnt told not to ride the new to me fuggly.
So, I assume the DT can read the ecm to speedo.
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

Rusticwater

FSG just posted TT469 that contains some interesting reading about what can happen on HDLAN/CAN vehicles when modules are swapped out for diagnostic purposes. Bikes can begin to incorrectly "think" they have certain equipment installed when they don't. TT469 also references TT427 which explains what happens if the the mileage in both the ECM and speedometer don't match on CAN vehicles.
Support the Maine lobster industry

Jaystn62

It might be a little off topic but when you trade in a bike that has had a tuner on it and returned to stock tune does the dealership or MOCO share that info with the next owner? Are they required to? I know every Harley except one has had a tuner of some kind hooked up to it. Makes me wonder.

PoorUB

Quote from: Jaystn62 on September 22, 2020, 04:44:45 PM
It might be a little off topic but when you trade in a bike that has had a tuner on it and returned to stock tune does the dealership or MOCO share that info with the next owner? Are they required to? I know every Harley except one has had a tuner of some kind hooked up to it. Makes me wonder.

I think that depends on your riding group. I know lots of riders that don't change a thing, ride the bike completely stock, engine wise anyway. They will add highway pegs, luggage racks, but leave the engine stock.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Jaystn62

Quote from: PoorUB on September 22, 2020, 05:25:17 PM
Quote from: Jaystn62 on September 22, 2020, 04:44:45 PM

I think that depends on your riding group. I know lots of riders that don't change a thing, ride the bike completely stock, engine wise anyway. They will add highway pegs, luggage racks, but leave the engine stock.
Sorry...I should've said every Harley I've owned except one has had a tuner of one kind or another hooked up to it.