April 27, 2024, 02:51:29 AM

News:

A couple of things ...

Started by dusty_shovel, November 12, 2008, 05:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dusty_shovel

Change is great. Won't miss the MSN Groups at all. A couple of things though.

1) I've got a lot of links I need to copy down from the old site if those achives aren't going to be migrated across. No biggie, just takes a little time. I thought I'd post those hints, tools, procedures and recommendations on a private Wiki so I was going to copy them eventually anyway ... just not this soon.

2) I'd really like to be able to read the new HTT forum without logging on. I work for a financial organization (just another way of spelling paranoid) and policy won't allow us to log onto forums. We can read them, but not log on. I've learned a LOT from y'all over the past 18 months by eating lunch at my desk and reading HTT. Would like to continue.

Otherwise, this really kicks ass. Ohhhh, can I say that?  :teeth:

So, one more time, thanks to the moderators / site managers. REALLY appreciate all y'all do and have done.

Dusty!
Really. I swear I just had one!

HV

We have changed the settings a few days ago to allow guests to view the forum and read topics etc... just can not post ...so you should be able to check things out with out logging on
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

dusty_shovel

Opening up for Read-Only without logon will work great! However ... maybe I'm doing something wrong. When I go to harleytechtalk.net and click past the intro I get a view of the forum topic areas. Any topic I select, like Shovelhead, I get a logon screen instead of the latest posts! I use Firefox, but it's the same thing with IE. When I look at the bottom, I see that there are 39 guests logged on and 90 users.

HV

Ill check it out ... you should be able to read any topic with out logging in...
Skype HV.HTT

HV

I just tried with both IE and FF3 as a guest and can see all and read all ... must be something in your settings
Skype HV.HTT

WVULTRA

HV:

Few days ago I couldn't view any posts without a login.

Checked today from work (Government) and was able to view/read the site.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

:beer:
'07 ULTRA, AXTELL 107"/BAISLEY SS HEADS/HPI 48/DARKHORSE CRANK/RINEHART TDs/TTS

dusty_shovel

Tried clearing just the harleytechtalk cookies and it still required a logon to read. Cleared ALL cookies and now can read HTT as a guest without logging on.

New site is great. Looking forward to lunch again! ;>)