April 26, 2024, 02:40:59 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Specialty Tool Needed For M8?

Started by Nastytls, November 01, 2020, 11:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nastytls

M8 touring, I need to remove the 7/16 bolts that hold the rocker covers on. I thought the TC was tight, but there's no way for me to get any wrench that I own in to loosen the bolts on the rear cyl.

Ohio HD

Nastytls

Those are a great idea. Thanks!

I ended up cutting a box wrench in half and bending it to fit that area but it was a PITA. I'm going to buy that for re-assembly.

chaos901

QuoteRocker Box Buddy.

Interesting looking tool. 
"There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity." AE

les

Well Ohio, at least this time when you AGAIN forced me against my will to buy yet another tool, it wasn't that expensive.

chaos901

QuoteWell Ohio, at least this time when you AGAIN forced me against my will to buy yet another tool, it wasn't that expensive.

Ain't that the truth.  I needed my wife to hold something I was putting back together the other evening and she was looking around at some tools laid out and asked "what this was for?" and I told her that one did a single bolt on the air intake, she asked about another one which I told her did a different bolt on the air intake. 
"There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity." AE

les

I just got my Rocker Box Buddy.  Based on the weight when I hold it in my hand, it appears to be made out of aluminum.  A magnet does not stick to it.

PoorUB

Probably  aluminum,  less chance of maring the chrome heads on the cap screws.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

les

I've never used an aluminum socket, on steel bolts, before.  Poor, is there anything thing to watch out for?  What's your experience using aluminum sockets?

PoorUB

No personal experience, but aluminum tools exist for that reason, though most of use will never need them.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!