April 26, 2024, 09:29:21 AM

News:

Winter Mods

Started by C-Cat, November 14, 2020, 11:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Cat

November 14, 2020, 11:48:47 PM Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 12:20:33 AM by C-Cat
What's everyone doing for winter modifications?
Going to remove s&s .045 head gaskets (meas. .041) and install .030 Cometics on my 110 Road glide, along with
ACR Harness. At the moment around 195/195 ccp or just under. Then most likely retune. Also looking at suspension options,.

Taking my SPF/Burns pipe of my 124 Dyna and replacing with Boarzilla. The SPF/Burns makes great power but sounds like a V8 with open headers. It makes great HP/TQ although very peaky IMO pipe is suited well for the Drag Strip, not street driving and I hate lugging it in residential neighborhoods trying to keep the noise down. Going to need a retune for sure. It may be the first time someone uses a Boarzilla to quiet a Harley down. Also going to try out a Dynatech Shift light and shift minder on it, hitting the rev limiter more than I used to. It might be father time telling me I'm getting old. Already have all the parts previously listed except RG suspension. Thinking Axion Fork Spring Kit, it's cost effective and I don't feel I need to go all out and do the cartridges,
Bitubo rear shocks for the back.
124ci. 07 Streetbob 161/145
110ci. '11 Roadglide  129/127

speedzter

I run a Boarzilla on my 120 Dyna.
I don't find it that loud unless your on the gas.
I'm also running Bitubo shocks, and find them excellent for the price.

C-Cat

That's what I'm hearing. Local shop likes the Legend's for touring suspension, and my Dyno guy also stocks them. I'm still going to try the Axion stuff.
I had a Boarzilla on the Dyna before, but I sold it. Yes you can sneak around ok with them. I have one on my Roadglide also. I don't find it it overbearing, I really like the growl;
124ci. 07 Streetbob 161/145
110ci. '11 Roadglide  129/127

Deye76

Not impressed with Legends.  :down: When people spend a grand for shocks, it's hard to admit they are just average.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Hossamania

My mods will consist of getting it out a few times (hopefully), and getting it coated with a nice layer of salt dust.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Jim Bronson

Quote from: Deye76 on November 15, 2020, 04:48:58 AM
When people spend a grand for shocks, it's hard to admit they are just average.
:agree:
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.