April 27, 2024, 03:23:47 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Rekluse Torquedrive.

Started by 838, November 21, 2020, 04:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kd

Quote from: Ohio HD on December 08, 2020, 08:28:17 AM
Motor size not horsepower doesn't make the compensator need additional shimming. Measure as Joe's post shows to bring the compensator in spec.

My experience was a lumpy idle and low rpm pulling (sneaking around) with high compression aggravated mine.   There also was an initial seating of the components I felt at the first install by the way the knock became more distinguishable.  I added shims one at a time. and am pleased with the results.
KD

Ohio HD

Quote from: kd on December 08, 2020, 08:39:28 AM
Quote from: Ohio HD on December 08, 2020, 08:28:17 AM
Motor size not horsepower doesn't make the compensator need additional shimming. Measure as Joe's post shows to bring the compensator in spec.

My experience was a lumpy idle and low rpm pulling (sneaking around) with high compression aggravated mine.   There also was an initial seating of the components I felt at the first install by the way the knock became more distinguishable.  I added shims one at a time. and am pleased with the results.

But what I'm saying is, out of spec. If the spring depth on a 103 inch is out of spec, on its depth, then it's also out of spec. on a 124 inch. The compensatore can't tell what it's hooked to.

Joe's process should be applied to any Twin Cam when in the primary for work.

kd

I am agreeing with you totally.  I added my experience to flesh out your response..  How you ride it may also contribute to a rattle even when in the spec zone no matter what size the engine is.
KD