May 02, 2024, 12:27:33 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TTS Base Map Help

Started by blkfalc4, May 30, 2009, 07:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blkfalc4

Hi All,
Looking for some help with a base map for my 05' FXDWGI build using a TTS.
Specs:
96.3CI with KB cast flat tops in 06 cyls and heads w/singh groove
Dewey street pro ported heads
Deck height 0 with .030 gasket
CR static-10.06:1...9.17:1 corrected...CCP-189@100'
Andrews TW54G cams
Mated and polished TB(stock injectors) and intake manifold
V&H BSS w/quiet baffles (I know ST or FC 2-1 coming soon) w/o2 bungs for my TSII+

Basically using map 127HD019 and changing my VE's according to the TSII+ corrections.
Also, upped the 94.6 to my actual 96.3CI, left injector size same.

Bike seems to run OK, but I'm still breaking it in after the build and haven't had alot of runs yet.

I like everything down low, seldom if ever am I up top. So, I'm looking for low-mid pull mostly, like most.  :smile:

I'll be getting her to a good tuner in the future (Big Boyz most likely, as I don't know any others in the SE Mass area I trust [opinions or referrals welcomed here])

Thanks and appreciation for any help, opinions and/or any input into this.
Mike

05 FXDWGI-97CI..10:1..DeweyHeads 80cc..TW54G Cams..ST 2-1..TTS..C/L..3.37:1

blkfalc4

No thoughts? Ideas? opinions?
All are welcomed...

Well didn't like the aggressive timing in the HD019 cal, so I changed to the 127LK010 cal which better mimicks the 54G I'm using in the build.
Few runs and the VE's are set. Runs strong, lights up around 3.7k up and pulls till around 5k which is as far as I've gone so far.
Still would like it to scream abit more lower, it's not bad, but I want better.
Maybe it's the exhaust screwing with that. Not sure.

Opinions/ideas wanted please..............

Mike

Herko

I'll be getting her to a good tuner in the future...

Maybe do this sooner vs. later.
Or, convert to Closed Loop and use a 176 cal to VTune.

ST or FC 2-1 coming soon...

What percent of the total build expenditure would the cost of the desired exhaust be?
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

blkfalc4

Convert to closed loop?  Seen that Steve is working on this for 05-06 bikes. But hasn't finished it yet, as far as I know, it's not done yet.
Also, have seen here where some guys have done it already, but I'm kinda in the dark on that one atm.

Don't know the percent, of build expenditure and to be honest doesn't really matter at this point.
Mostly it's do to me not being able to make up my mind as to which one I want, supermeg or fatcat. Looking to get the most out of the build and quiet her down some.

Herko, thanks for the response, bro.

Mike

blkfalc4

Well, went back to the 127HD019 map, the HTCC map was running too rich even after VE corrections. Took out some timing on the HD map. Running real good atm. Plugs look good.
On a another note, had some valve train noise when rolling on hard. Think I got it, I took out a half turn on the prods. They are 24tpi HPI prods and instructions just said to set them at 2-1/2 turns after snug. Measured that at 0.107, so by my calcs losing that half turn should be set at 0.096. Albeit, no noise.
I should see the megs sometime next week. Break-in is almost done and then off to the tuner.
Still would like to have more than 2 trusted tuners near me in MA. As it is looks like a 3.5hr trek ea way.

Mike