April 26, 2024, 04:07:34 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Carb to F.I.-????

Started by thumper 823, January 27, 2021, 03:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thumper 823

Skating on the edge of insanity here.
However, let me preface the situation. (without a lot of super details as they are included throughout the real estate here )
I build my top ends to get the most out of them and that becomes a tapered linear timeline to a TBO about 20 to 30K miles.
I have never exp a failure,''' so they could last longer ..IDK
1, - To the point of no return here - As much as I love the super simplicity of a carb,  it is becoming evidently more and more clear I am the caveman.
2,- The next round I am going turbo ( no kits thankyou)
3- This brings me to the real question   H20 injection.
Toying with The turbo it becomes real EZ to map Fi over carb and,  adding water inj.
4, - Which is what i want to do right now!
Any advice heads up? (to get by with a carb for now?)
That's the real question here.

Next and on to the future here -
5- which Fuel  Injection systems have you guys switched to? ( I know most threads are about switching the other direction back to carb-(albeit I have no clue why anyone would do that.)
I did notice Zippers offers a conversion.
Ok if you have knowledge please bring me and perhaps others up to speed here so we all can gain some knowledge.
Thanx

D Troop 3/5, - C/16 ,162AHC, Mekong delta.
Rising from the Ashes  UHIH

thumper 823

This turns out to be a well-traveled road and most of what has already been learned.
It just needs to be relearned as the WW2 guys did it for us !
  This gets pretty exciting as free power is and the end of a faucet! (almost)
  Truly i have not ever studied dragster engines too much, alcohol, methanol, and H20 injection.
If you have not, please do.
   I just did a cram Delux course in the last 20 hours.
This reading should be mandatory for gear heads along with all of Smokey  Yunick stuff.
The WW2 airplanes used this trick.
It turns out that a ratio of about 20% @ full power is the ratio with all kinds of benefits!
With a motorcycle, space is at a premium and h20 can eliminate the aftercooler and all the octopus of hoses everywhere.
So forward march!
Getting ready for the next adventure!

RTMike

Talk to Mike Brealand at A1 cycles he is racing a turboed M8 and has lots of tricks he may share with you.

thumper 823

OK thanx
And a couple of other people too!
There is no use in reinventing the wheel.
I have a note into R&B racing also.
  To my surprise, the known information appears to be that an aftercooler is not needed if the parameters are near
streetable levels with injection. (under a bar)
That would be great as all that crap to make a turbo efficient just runs out of space and real estate on an MC.
It would be all too EZ to bolt a Procharger ...but its looks,..... could only be tolerated by the guy that drew it up!

kd

If you haven't yet, visit the RB Racing web site. There are many aspects to it and worth going through.  It isn't a small feat because there's lots of stuff to be found there. 

Bob is a real character and doesn't abide well if challenged.  He's a very knowledgeable guy that has a lot of information and personal experience that shall we say has been used by others to their personal advantage commercially. He's blazed a few trails.  If you are like minded and want to listen he is worth your time to talk to him. Get to know him through his website first and you will know what to expect. He's pretty open about how he feels about lots of stuff.  I really like the guy lots and my experience with him has been stellar.
KD

thumper 823

Yes, I have studied his website and a lot of other info.
There is a lot to chew on.
  If he does not get back to me pretty soon i will phone him up.
  To me the turbo is the way to go rather than bigger and bigger jugs.
Getting more for less is always my goal (HP per cube)
If a system could be developed that is sanitary looking It would sell like the proverbial hotcake.
  I have been working on an idea for a couple of years and the H20 injection just made it even more EZ.
Hoses here, intercoolers there, BOV, and all the parts end up looking butchered nightmare, or an octopus collision with a bike.

kd

January 28, 2021, 03:30:52 PM #6 Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 05:07:58 PM by kd
Bob is a hands on guy and doesn't spend a lot of time in the office chair.  I have called him with good results.  If he is available to come to the phone, free for a bit to chat and likes the way the conversation is going you will enjoy his personality and what he has to offer.  He is strong willed and won't spend his time if he feels its wasted.  If he doesn't feel that way, he's a sharing type of guy.  He gave me a couple of work arounds that saved me money at his expense business wise. I also asked him to make a mod to my swingarm once and he flat refused because he wasn't set up for it.  He is set in his ways.
KD

thumper 823

GOOD!
I like the direct approach.
People that say what they mean and mean what they say are my kind of people.