April 26, 2024, 05:04:08 PM

News:

BCM Reconfiguration

Started by fleetmechanic, February 05, 2021, 11:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetmechanic

The factory says that if a sidecar is to be put on any of the 2014-later models that each time the sidecar is attached/removed that the BCM must be changed from 2 wheel to trike mode using a Digital Technician.  Will any of the diagnostic scan tools in the aftermarket be able to do this or is it a trip to the dealer?

Coyote

fleetmechanic

February 05, 2021, 12:28:01 PM #2 Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 12:40:00 PM by fleetmechanic
Centurion confirms that their tool can do this.  It looks like the Twin Scan II can also do it.   Any others?

kd

I'm guessing that only reconfigures the signal cancel, auto engine shut off and theft alarm system sensitivity due to the extra stability when parked.  :idunno:  How far off is that thinking?
KD

fleetmechanic

February 05, 2021, 12:42:39 PM #4 Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 04:15:01 PM by fleetmechanic
When the US Park Police first tried putting a sidecar on one of their later Twincams the bike would quit when turning with no leaning.  This was attributed to the BCM.

Buglet

Should be able to do it with Texa also.

harpwrench

I had a sidecar on a '14 streetglide for awhile, it wasn't a problem ridden normally (wife) but it would shut off occasionally when I pushed it harder turning corners to fly the car