April 26, 2024, 07:29:35 PM

News:

Fullsac Baffles

Started by NHBagger, February 11, 2021, 07:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHBagger

So what's the opinion, yes or no on screens and blanket material when running Fullsac baffles?

rigidthumper

Depends on tone preferences- I feel they are effective at reducing sound levels/sharpness of tone, without affecting performance.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

FLSTFIDave

I prefer having the tech matt and screens to hold it in place.  They do not make it quieter, but its not as sharp sounding.  I prefer the tone with them.
2023 CVO Road Glide Whiskey Neat
2021 Pan America Special, Gray,  2003 Fatboy

HogMike

Quote from: NHBagger on February 11, 2021, 07:35:16 PM
So what's the opinion, yes or no on screens and blanket material when running Fullsac baffles?

My opinion ?
I've used them on my various bikes from a mildly stock 09 to my 124"
The nice thing is you can change the sound level and flow properties by just changing the core sizes, packing, stinger, etc.
I like the stock cvo look on my "stealth" bikes.
JMHO
:potstir:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

NHBagger

Got a set of CVO cans with screens and techmat. Matting looks pretty old, does it ever need replacing?

HogMike

Quote from: NHBagger on February 12, 2021, 07:03:19 AM
Got a set of CVO cans with screens and techmat. Matting looks pretty old, does it ever need replacing?

I'm using Steve's techmat on my new bike.
Did an upgrade to the motor and while waiting on parts, pulled the mufflers apart just to check. They look about the same as when I put them in 30,000 miles ago.
On my other bikes I used dirt bike wrap "moose" and they seemed to last about 30k miles before I replaced them, same mufflers, same cores, different screens.
My 113 had dual pipes, the others 2 into one into 2.
JME with different bikes, different engines.
:missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

Tommy D

Quote from: FLSTFIDave on February 12, 2021, 03:37:39 AM
I prefer having the tech matt and screens to hold it in place.  They do not make it quieter, but its not as sharp sounding.  I prefer the tone with them.

I prefer the tech mat & screens also, an improved tone IMO
When Steve introduced these I had a discussion with him on why, not only does it change the tone of the Exhaust note but it also fills the can with improved back pressure & velocity of the exhaust  :up:
Acts 4:12

RTMike

What do you use for core size

HogMike

Quote from: RTMike on February 12, 2021, 05:29:03 PM

I use 1.75" on my S&S 113" and  96"  twin cam
2" on my 124 m8

I like quiet and have these bikes set for two up touring. Not interested in peak HP with these.
JMHO
:missed:

HOGMIKE
SoCal

FLSTFIDave

Quote from: RTMike on February 12, 2021, 05:29:03 PM
I use the 2.25 cores on both my 13 TC that 117" at 138.5HP and 140 Torque and on my 130" M8 that is 163HP and 167 torque.

Exhaust not is not bad at 3000 RPM all day long on a trip.
2023 CVO Road Glide Whiskey Neat
2021 Pan America Special, Gray,  2003 Fatboy