May 02, 2024, 04:45:00 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

rich or lean

Started by txtech, May 30, 2009, 01:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

txtech

when i go w.o.t on my 06 dyna efi,sometimes when i let off the throttle a little the bike surges forward like it gained 5 h.p.  is that a sign of rich or to lean?????? :wtf:

ORork

I have come to the conclusion it's an increase in velocity in the manifold.
04FXD95HTCCCNC84cc03hgTW67g1.67rrMik45DTT3.37CSpipes many parts on the wall!

Blackbaggr

I would think that you'd need more information before answering the original post....like is it stock, do you have a tuning device on it, EFI or Carb, etc. :soda:

txtech

its a 06 dyna 95,211s,10.7,propipe,pc3. 

1997bagger

The "sometimes" is the issue, it should be consistant with EFI unless sounds like you have a few cells rich @ 100% tp and going to be very difficult to correct without a afr reading device. Fly by the seat of the pants is too slowly start removing fuel @ 100% and see if it responds but only a bandaid.
What's wrong with having the only Evo in the parking lot?

txtech

Quote from: 1997bagger on May 30, 2009, 06:00:35 PM
The "sometimes" is the issue, it should be consistant with EFI unless sounds like you have a few cells rich @ 100% tp and going to be very difficult to correct without a afr reading device. Fly by the seat of the pants is too slowly start removing fuel @ 100% and see if it responds but only a bandaid.
:up:  you were right,its rich at 100% at 3000 to 4000.  its time to find a tuner,do"s bob pickup and deliver???? it"s in texas. :wink: