April 25, 2024, 10:22:09 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Ecm question

Started by oldskool, May 31, 2021, 06:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldskool

So a friend's ecm fried on his 2000 Ultra. He got another one from a 2000 Road Glide. My question is does it need to be Flashed to work on his Ultra or is there another way ? I've never had any cam problems. Any info would be appreciated.

Scotty

There is no password learn function on the MM EFI ECM's and it should plug in and start but if someone who owned it before had it flashed with a different setup for cams etc then it may not run correctly.

oldskool

Ok that's kinda what I was thinking but wanted to make sure. Thanks for the info. I appreciate it

oldskool

Hes saying he put ecm in . it starts and idles when he throttles it it just dies.

Scotty

Quote from: oldskool on June 03, 2021, 05:01:52 AM
Hes saying he put ecm in . it starts and idles when he throttles it it just dies.

It is going to require someone to sit down and run through all the diagnostics to find out what is causing the problem.
First thing to check for is error codes and that requires a jumper wire and reading the turn signals as they flash to see if there are any.
Really going to need the Electrical Diagnostics Manual from a 2000 or 2001 FLH to diagnose it properly.

oldskool