May 04, 2024, 08:56:48 PM

News:

Vinyl/Leather Repair Kits...

Started by Fugawee, June 09, 2021, 06:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fugawee

Anybody have any experience with a Vinyl/Leather Repair Kit?  I've got about a 2" straight slit in the underside of My left rear speaker on an 03' FLHTCUI.  I just noticed it yesterday while going over the Bike, getting ready for a trip.  The last time I ever used a kit was in the 70's, and You needed to use an Iron on it.  The kits I see on-line...all pretty much say no heat required.  I'm wondering just how well they work, and hold up.  A whole lot of different brands out there, and some of the reviews are good, and others say they suck.  As usual.
Thanks in advance for any of Your input, or suggestions. 

tomcat64

See if you have a "color glow" guy in your area, they go around to used car lots and fix leather and vinyl  seats, it looks great and it is pretty cheap to do..

Fugawee

Thanks for the input and suggestion about Color Glo.  I went on their website, and called their 1-800 #.  I got a weight loss center.  I called their local # in Minnesota, and the Lady said that they had no franchises here in My state anymore.  Figures.
So, I think that I will try a 3-M, or a JB Weld product that are available locally at a NAPA Auto Parts Store, and see how it goes.
Thanks Again for the input.

02roadcling

:idea: If you are still interested in the car lot vinyl repair guys then just call a couple of local car lots and ask who they use.

cling
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

Fugawee

That's an Excellent Idea.  Thank You for the suggestion.  :up: